For single and those who doesn’t have a baby yet, sling is something that is used to carry a baby. What they don’t know is, the purpose of sling is to actually help in creating a sleeping pattern for your little one. What are the benefits of sling?
- A baby feels the warmth of her mother or anyone carrying her
- You can get your baby to sleep while doing some stuff
- It makes your baby cry less because she is always next to you on a sling
- If you are carrying your baby while doing things, you can teach her a thing or two
Things to remember when using a sling
- Make sure that your baby is fully supported specially when she is sleeping
- Too much use of sling is not bad and no research has shown otherwise
- Make sure that you are using a sling that can hold your baby’s weight
- Make sure to use a sling that of good quality
Things to consider before buying a sling
- The type of sling. Do you want a pouch or ring sling or do you prefer a wrap sling?
- The brand. So you found a baby sling for $15 and it promises a lot, do you know the brand or have you heard of the brand though?
- The features. Why are you buying a sling? You want to use it when your baby is sleeping? Do you want something to carry your baby with while doing some chores? What positions you can do with it? What is the size or the support it has for your baby?
- Does it have lumbar support? Does it have harness or 5 point harness support among others?
Three of the best baby sling for sleeping
What is the best baby sling for sleeping form PWBaby? In my opinion, their $29.98 baby carrier for sleeping is the best sling carrier that the manufacturer can offer. PWBaby has different sling carriers but the Baby Sling Carrier is really meant and designed to allow babies to sleep while on sling.
In a baby sling for sleeping review article that I run across with, it says that PWBaby has one of the most expensive baby slings out there. They are not wrong. It also says that it is one of the best! With these features that the PWBaby Baby Sling Carrier has, let’s find out if indeed this is the best baby sling for sleeping.
- It has padded straps that are not just soft, it is also wide
- The design was to provide comfort to babies while being carried up (sitting position) to the time they fall asleep
- The design allows easier breastfeeding even when in standing position
- It is machine washable
- It can carry babies up to 26 pounds provided that the parent carrying the sling can
- It is sturdy made
- It has side buckle to make it easier to remove and put on
For this baby sling for sleeping review, the last product we have is the Infant Airplane Seat baby sling by FlyeBaby. This sling has a tag price of $39.99 and I can say that it is too expensive as compared to other slings out there. Once you take a closer look at this product though or tried it, you’ll understand that purchasing it is like investing on it. With this sling on, travelling and making your baby sleep anytime, anywhere is now a lot esasier
Here are the features of Infant Airplane Seat that makes it the best baby sling for sleeping:
- It is FAA regulations compliant
- It is easy to attach to your body as a sling
- It is easy to assemble in car seats to turn it into a hammock where your baby can take a nap
- It is designed to keep your interaction with your baby on a face to face basis
- It is perfect if you love travelling with your baby without sacrificing your arms powers
- It can be attached to a chair in a restaurant to make it a high chair
- It comes with very simple and easy to follow manual
- it is washable and can be machined wash
- it is lightweight at 1 pound hence carrying it with you when travelling is easy
- the materials used for this sling are Phthalate Free, Latex Free, Lead Free and BPA Free so you can have peace of mind knowing that your baby is using something that won’t harm her skin or yours
There are different ways to carry a baby and different ways to make your baby sleep comfortably. It might not be best to let your baby sleep while on a sling but if you are left with no choice, then make sure that you are using a sling with full support from head to toe. A sling with head support is much better than a sling where you need to angle your body so your baby can be supported by your body. Still, no one can deny the benefits of sling especially for full time working mothers like me!
If you will be asked again on what is the best baby sling for sleeping? Don’t forget to check one or two baby sling for sleeping review before giving an answer because sling manufacturers have a way of evolving to make slings more comfortable for babies and user friendly for parents.