The baby thermometer is a necessary thing for families where the child was born. However, you can face some difficulties making your choice and you will probably have the question: what is the best baby thermometer? Our review will give you some advice on how to choose the best baby thermometer.
Of course, some parents still use mercury thermometers which they used to measure the temperature in their childhood. But such thermometers are not very convenient to use and are quite dangerous for the child.
There are various kinds of baby thermometers on the market. Let’s see which thermometers are the best for babies and which one to choose.
We have analyzed lots of the best baby thermometer reviews and tested lots of baby thermometers to make our list of the best thermometers for babies. Here it is.
If you have a baby, it is essential to have a good thermometer that will give you accurate results so you could monitor the condition of your child. Seeking the best baby thermometer reviews, you may find the [email protected] 3 in 1 Non-contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer. And there are some reasons for it. First of all, it has amazing features. Secondly, it shows accurate results. And thirdly, it is sold at a reasonable price so most families can afford it. This mix is the most important while choosing the best thermometer for baby.
The [email protected] 3 in 1 Non-contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer may become the only thermometer your child or family need. It is one of the best rated baby thermometers with advanced features for more accurate measuring. Let’s take a closer look what you will get with this thermometer:
- Three modes: body temperature, object temperature, and room temperature;
- Reliable and stable non-contact measuring thanks to the advanced Infrared Detection System;
- Temperature measurement at a distance of 1.2 to 2 inches (3cm to 5 cm) in 1 second;
- Displays results in Fahrenheit and Celsius;
- Sound / Silent button for measuring sleeping baby;
- Three-color backlit LCD digital display: green < 99⁰F (37.3⁰C), orange 99.3⁰F ~2⁰F (37.4⁰C ~ 37.9⁰C); red > 100.4⁰F (38⁰C);
- Beep and LCD backlight blink alarm if the temperature is more than 100.4⁰F (38⁰C);
- Automatic power-off in 30 seconds to conserve energy;
- Stores and retrieves the last 32 readings;
- Longevity use (40,000 readings);
- 2 AAA batteries are included;
- Comes with a hard plastic storage case;
- Lifetime no hassle replacement guarantee;
- FDA approved and Pediatrician recommended.
With the [email protected] 3 in 1 Non-contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer, you can forget about any troubles you had before while taking your child’s temperature. This non-contact infrared thermometer allows you to measure the temperature quickly and easy. So no more physical contact required to get the readings. You can measure the temperature even when your baby is sleeping. So you don’t need to wake up your dearest one to take the readings. Thanks to the advanced Infrared Detection System you can get the accurate result just in 1 second. The thermometer takes the reading at a distance of 1.2 to 2 inches (3cm to 5cm) from the center of the forehead. Take note that you should aim the thermometer at the center of the forehead; otherwise, you may get an inaccurate result. You should also understand that non-contact thermometer measures the surface temperature of the forehead, and it’s not the same as the temperature of the body. You can also use the recalibration function (F4) to compensate the difference with a value generated from statistics of average people. And don’t forget to clean the forehead of any hair or perspiration and make sure that there is no wind blowing in the area of use.
The [email protected] 3 in 1 Non-contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer has a beeping sound to alert for a fever. However, you can turn it off for the silent mode to take readings of your sleeping baby.
In addition to the body temperature mode, the thermometer can also measure the temperature of the object surface and room temperature. Supplementary functions are water / milk temperature and room air temperature measuring. You can choose any mode with the simple click of a button.
With its three-color backlit LCD digital display screen, the [email protected] 3 in 1 Non-contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer will make it easier to understand whether your child has a fever or not. Green color shows that the temperature is normal < 99⁰F (37.3⁰C), orange color indicates that your baby has a mild fever 99.3⁰F ~ 100.2⁰F (37.4⁰C ~ 37.9⁰C) and red color shows a high fever > 100.4⁰F (38⁰C).
The [email protected] 3 in 1 Non-contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer can also memorize the last 32 temperature measurements. It’s more than enough for a few days. This thermometer can measure the temperature both in Fahrenheit and Celsius. You can easily switch between them by pushing the C/F button.
For storage, the thermometer comes with a hard storage case made of plastic which is more than adequate to protect the thermometer.
The [email protected] 3 in 1 Non-contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer is FDA approved and pediatrician recommended. Moreover, the manufacturer offers a lifetime no hassle replacement guarantee.
You will also get user guide with clear instructions how to use the thermometer. Since it is a digital thermometer, it requires batteries. The manufacturer took care of this and included 2 AAA batteries. Longevity use of this thermometer is 40,000 readings. There is also automatic power off (30 seconds), so it will conserve energy that is also very important.
This thermometer has lots of positive best baby thermometer reviews and it is undoubtedly worth your consideration. With this thermometer, you can get quick and accurate results without touching your baby. Thus, you will make the process of temperature measuring easy and comfortable for your child.
The Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer (Dual Mode) is an infrared thermometer which is highly recommended by many parents who have already appreciated its benefits. This thermometer is designed to accompany your child from birth to adulthood. That’s why it has a dual mode (ear thermometer for children above 12 months and a forehead thermometer for children from birth). The Innovo features the latest infrared scanning technology and it has proved to be extremely reliable and accurate during clinical trials. This thermometer was previously available only for doctors and health-care professionals but now it can be used by anyone. This thermometer is CE and FDA approved.
Here are the features of the Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer:
- Forehead mode: detects the temperature conveniently via the forehead;
- Ear mode: measures the temperature by detecting infrared heat emitted by the eardrum;
- Quick and Easy: just press F1 for forehead measurement and F2 for ear measurement;
- Results displayed instantly on the LCD display;
- AccuSenseTM Sensor: the latest technology to detect and calculate temperatures accurately. Meets and exceeds FDA Standards;
- Fever indicator: 7 rapid short beeps and flickering lights warn of temperatures that exceed 99.5⁰F/37.5⁰C;
- Readings retrieval: can store and recall up to 20 readings. Display reading in Fahrenheit or Celsius;
- Ergonomic design to provide maximum comfort to users;
- Filters environmental temperature to provide accurate and reliable readings;
- Comes with 2 x AAA batteries that will last thousands of readings;
- FDA approved.
The Innovo Forehead and Ear thermometer has shown excellent performance with amazing accuracy of results. It easy very easy to use and it doesn’t bring discomfort for a child. It takes only a few seconds to measure the temperate. Keep in mind that when taking the temperature from different parts of the body, it is normal to get a slight variation in the temperature readings. For example, it is normal to obtain 1-2⁰F (0.6-1.2⁰C) difference between an ear and forehead measurement. This is not due to the inaccuracy of the thermometer.
If you want to measure the temperature of your baby via forehead mode, you have to point the thermometer at the middle of your child’s forehead and press F1. Take a note that the thermometer should be in contact with the forehead. If you want to measure temperature via ear mode, first you have to remove the sensor cover. Then gently pull your child’s ear upward, then insert the thermometer into the ear and press F2. The thermometer shuts off automatically after a few seconds when you finished using it.
Pay attention that the thermometer sensor is very sensitive. So any dirt, dust or oil can cause the wrong measurement. In order to prevent it, check and clean the sensor regularly. Remember that the surface should be reflective and gleaming. If it is dirty and dull, clean the sensor with q-tip cotton swabs (and it is better if it is soaked with alcohol).
The Innovo Forehead and Ear thermometer comes with very thorough instructions which are easy to understand. This thermometer is definitely one the best baby thermometers and it is a must-have device in every home.
Medical Forehead Ear Thermometer – the Authentic FDA Approved Professional Thermometer iProven DMT-116A
Medical Forehead Ear Thermometer from iProven is one of the best rated baby thermometers on the market. This electronic thermometer is perfect for all ages and especially for parents with little children. It features dual mode with Forehead Thermometer and Ear Thermometer. With DMT-116A from iProven, you can easily take the temperature of your baby without disturbing him. The thermometer has easy backlight screen that makes it possible to measure the temperature even at night. Let’s take a look at the features of the DMT-116A from iProven:
- User-friendly thermometer with dual mode: Forehead thermometer and ear thermometer;
- Takes 1 second to take the temperature;
- Loud beep to notify when the temperature is done;
- Fever alarm to indicate when the temperature exceeds 99.5⁰F/37.5⁰C;
- Displays the results in Fahrenheit and Celsius;
- Stores and recalls up to 20 readings;
- Pouch for storage;
- 60 day, no-questions-asked money back guarantee and world class customer service;
- Extensively clinically tested and FDA approved.
The DMT-116A is very easy to use and the process of temperature measuring takes only 1 second. The thermometer has a dual mode which allows you to measure the temperature either with forehead or ear thermometer function. The DMT-116A from iProven delivers the result with unfailing accuracy. But you should take a note that some variations are possible between oral (0.5 to 1.0⁰F), forehead (0.3 to 0.5⁰F) and ear and rectal measurements. Such variations are normal and you shouldn’t worry that the thermometer shows inaccurate results.
To measure the temperature, just place the thermometer to the temple and press the button. Then move to the other side of the head while holding the button and the sensor will show your result. Just keep in mind that the sensor should be clean in order to get accurate results but it doesn’t mean that you have to clean it every time you want to measure the temperature.
This thermometer is consistent and very reliable and what is the most important is that you can measure your child’s temperature quickly and with ease. The DMT-116A also has a nice pouch for easy storage and carry. In order to use this thermometer properly, it is recommended to read the instructions and follow them. Everything is easy and fairly easy. This thermometer is not only clinically tested and FDA approved but also loved by many families. So if you have a little child in your family, such thermometer will be a great assistant to you.
Dr.Madre non-contact infrared thermometer is one of the best baby thermometers and it is a must-have tool for parents when their child is sick. This thermometer is designed to facilitate the process of temperature measuring. With the Dr.Madre non-contact infrared thermometer, you can take your child’s temperature quickly and accurately without begging your child to sit still or to stop playing or to hold the thermometer in the armpit. You can even read the temperature at night when your baby is sleeping so you will not without waking him up. Let’s take a look at the features to understand that Dr.Madre non-contact infrared thermometer is really one of the best thermometers for babies.
- Non-contact instant forehead scan to read kids temperature in 1 second;
- Talking mode in English or Spanish to hear the results and silent mode that displays the results on the LCD screen;
- Measures room temperature;
- Displays the readings in Fahrenheit and Celsius;
- Stores and retrieves the last 12 readings to track history;
- Instructions in English and Spanish;
- Two-year manufacturer replacement warranty and 30-day hassle free money back guarantee;
- FDA approved.
The Dr.Madre non-contact infrared thermometer can be the only thermometer your child may need. Taking the temperature will be a quick and easy process for you when you get this device. Thanks to the innovative technology and quick scan feature, you will be able to read your baby’s temperature in the most accurate and consistent way. You don’t need to touch your baby and interrupt him from his activity. All you need is to point the thermometer at your child’s forehead and press the button to scan. The thermometer will beep in one second and provide you the result.
You will also appreciate the talking function. Yes, the Dr.Madre non-contact infrared thermometer can talk in English and Spanish. By the way, the instructions also come in both languages. You can also choose a silent mode and read the results on the display. The Dr.Madre can read the temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius so you can easily change the mode. The thermometer also allows you to track your child’s temperature in history. It can store 12 readings and it’s enough for 2 days of temperature monitoring.
The Dr.Madre non-contact infrared thermometer is really great for measuring body temperature without touching the skin. But it’s not the limit for this thermometer. It also has a separate function for measuring room temperature. And it’s fantastic because you can monitor not only the temperature of your child but also the condition of your room.
What you will appreciate is that the Dr.Madre non-contact infrared thermometer is easy and convenient to hold, so you will avoid breakage, slips and hand strains. For more convenience, the thermometer comes in a nice plastic case where you can store it.
All in all, the Dr.Madre non-contact forehead thermometer is an excellent choice for parents who care about the health of their child. Due to its features, it is one of the best baby thermometers on the market. This thermometer is not only easy and convenient to use but it also gives accurate results in just one second. Parents also appreciate its talking function and clear instructions. You will hardly regret if you purchase this product. But if you are not satisfied, you can get your money back within 30 days. Moreover, the manufacturer provides two-year warranty that means that the product must be really durable.
Innoo Tech Baby Thermometer Medical Infrared Thermometer Non-Contact Digital Measurement for Forehead
The Innoo Tech Baby Thermometer is one nice product in the category of the best baby thermometers. This thermometer ensures accurate non-contact temperature measurement in only 1 second. So with its infrared technology you can take temperature readings without making your child uncomfortable. You don’t have to wake your baby up when he is sleeping as the process is quite easy and quick. Here are key features that make this thermometer one of the best thermometers for babies:
- Non-contact infrared technology;
- Two modes body (forehead) temperature and object temperature;
- Measuring range: body mode: 89.6⁰ – 109.2⁰F (32.0⁰C – 42.9⁰C); object mode: 32.0⁰F – 104.0⁰F (0⁰C – 100⁰C);
- Displays temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius;
- 30 readings memory recall;
- Fever alarm to indicate when the temperature exceeds 99.5⁰F (37.5⁰C);
- Comes with 2 AAA batteries;
- CE approved: authoritative medical certification.
The Innoo Tech Baby Thermometer is designed to for both body (forehead) and object temperature measurements. It provides accurate results if you use it in accordance with instructions. So to read the temperature, you have to aim it at a distance of 1-2 inches from the center of the forehead. And if you want to take multiple measurements, you have to wait about one minute each time for date zeroed. The thermometer sensor is rather sensitive, so if you want to get accurate measurements, don’t forget to clean the forehead of your child from hair. Besides, any dirt or oil can also prevent an accurate measurement. So it is recommended to check and clean the display regularly. The surface of the screen should be reflective and gleaming. Clean the sensor with q-tip cotton swabs soaked with alcohol. Then you can take the measurement in 15 minutes.
The Innoo Tech Baby Thermometer determines the temperature just in 1 second. You can also store and retrieve up to 30 last readings (it is enough for a few days of measurements). For memory recall, just press the “scan” button at off status.
The Innoo Tech Baby Thermometer displays readings in Fahrenheit and Celsius. You have to press the thermometer at off status in 5 seconds to change it. In fact, it’s not very convenient in comparison with the thermometers reviewed above.
To indicate a fever (temperature that exceeds 99.5⁰F / 37.5⁰C), this thermometer features visual (red backlight) and auditory alarm.
The manufacturer included 2 AAA batteries that will last thousands of readings. However, there is no carrying case that will protect the thermometer.
Overall, the Innoo Tech Baby Thermometer is a good choice for families with kids. It will be very handy to measure the temperature at home and get accurate results in a second. This thermometer is CE approved and it is loved by many parents who used it. So if you are looking for the best baby thermometer, take a look at the Innoo Tech Baby Thermometer.
The Medical Digital Thermometer from Babynow is one of the best baby thermometers with 3 scan functions. This thermometer is quite easy to use. And if you are looking for a non-contact thermometer, then you should consider this device. Here are its features:
- Three scan functions: body temperature, object temperature, and environment temperature;
- Body temperature (32⁰C to 42.2⁰C), object temperature (0⁰C to 100⁰C), environment temperature (10⁰C to 40⁰C);
- Superfast new scan algorithm allows you to repeat scan within 0.02 seconds;
- Each scan is accurate to +/-0.3% tolerance;
- Built-in fever level and audible fever alarm;
- Automatic power-off in 30 seconds;
- Built-in memory recall up to 20 readings;
- Bright LCD backlight display;
- Displays temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius;
- Velvet carry pouch;
- Batteries included;
- Lifetime guarantee or money back;
- FDA approved.
The Medical Digital Thermometer is a forehead basal temporal device that ensures accurate readings just in 1 second. There are 3 scan functions for measuring body temperature, object temperature, and environment temperature. Each scan is pretty accurate to +/-0.3% tolerance.
The thermometer has a neat design and it is comfortable to hold. There is a velvet carry pouch for storage and protection of the thermometer. To measure the temperature, you have to aim the thermometer at the center of the forehead, push the button and get an immediate result. The LCD backlight display lights up with the final temperature, so you can take readings even at night when your baby is sleeping. There is also an audible alarm that notifies you about a fever. You can turn the sound off so there will be nothing that can disturb your child from sleep.
The Medical Digital Thermometer from Babynow stores up to the last 20 readings. It is enough to track your child’s temperature for 2-3 days. The display also has an automatic power-off to save energy. You can also take temperature either in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
What is really amazing is that the manufacturer provides 100% lifetime guarantee or money back. So the Medical Digital Thermometer from Babynow must be really durable. This thermometer is fully tested and rated by the FDA. It is one of the best electronic forehead thermometers. The Medical Digital Thermometer deserves to be in the category of the best baby thermometers for its accuracy of readings and superfast performance. This device is highly appreciated and recommended by many customers. So if you want to measure your child’s temperature quickly and without touching the skin, you should definitely consider this thermometer.
If you belong to that category of people who don’t believe that non-contact infrared thermometers provide accurate readings, you should consider the Axencare Digital Baby Thermometer for Oral, Rectal and Underarm use. This medical thermometer rapidly measures the temperature of your child. Furthermore, you can use it for adults and animals. This thermometer provides fast and accurate results compared to the other digital thermometers for oral and rectal use. The Axencare Digital Baby Thermometer is really reliable thermometer which you can trust. It is one of the best thermometers for babies at for this price range. Let’s take a closer look at its features:
- Can be used by children and adults orally, rectally, underarm or axillary;
- Waterproof design allows the product to be easily cleaned;
- Large easy to read LCD display;
- Displays the results in Fahrenheit and Celsius;
- Accurate to within 0.2 Fahrenheit;
- Quick readings in 30 seconds;
- Saves the last temperature measurement;
- Alarm to notify when the temperature exceeds 99.5⁰F (37.5⁰C);
- Automatic shut off;
- Comes with a protective case for easy & safe storage;
- FDA approved for safety and accuracy.
The Axencare Digital Baby Thermometer is reliable baby thermometer is very easy to use. Just read the instructions carefully in order to use it correctly and take accurate readings. This thermometer fits comfortably under the tongue and it’s flexible. However, your child may dislike it because it may be uncomfortable for your baby to hold it under the tongue. Though some reviews say that 10 seconds will be enough to take readings but we recommend measuring the temperature about 30 seconds in order to get an accurate result. Ten seconds may not be sufficient.
This baby thermometer displays the results either in Fahrenheit or Celsius, so you can easily switch to the mode that you prefer. The Axencare Digital Baby Thermometer not only provides accurate readings but it also saves the last measurement. There is also a fever alarm that notifies about high temperature.
The Axencare also comes with a carry case that is great for storage.
All in all, the Axencare Digital Baby Thermometer is a good choice for parents who are looking for the rectal, oral and underarm thermometer.
Benefits of baby thermometers
Some parents do not understand why they need electronic or infrared thermometers for children and such thermometers also cost more than a conventional mercury thermometer. But you should just once try to measure the temperature with this gadget to understand the difference.
How adults usually find out their temperature? They press the thermometer under the armpit and wait for about 10 minutes. It is rather unpleasant, isn’t it? And what about a newborn? Your baby cannot do so. That’s why you have to hold your child’s hand in the correct position to measure the temperature. Of course, it will cause dissatisfaction of your baby and he/she could be upset and start to cry and escape.
Now imagine that your child is sick and the temperature should be measured frequently. Due to the fact that the thermometer is cold, your baby can wake up and be capricious. But electronic or infrared thermometer will not allow this to happen. These thermometers can detect not only the temperature in the armpit but also on the forehead, ears, mouth or rectum. In most cases, the child doesn’t feel discomfort during the procedure. In addition, these thermometers are safe for children. If your child breaks it, you shouldn’t worry that your will cut himself or will breathe poisonous mercury vapor.
Types of thermometers and their advantages
There are two types of thermometers for babies: digital and optical. They are also called electronic and infrared.
Digital or electronic thermometers are the most popular among parents. They can be universal, oral and rectal. So what is the difference between them and what is the best baby thermometer to buy?
- Universal thermometers can be used from the first day of the life of your baby. Such thermometers have a special sensor and can reduce the temperature measurement procedure at least twice in comparison with the mercury thermometer. The best baby thermometers are able to give a result within a few seconds. Universal thermometers are easy to use because they can measure the temperature in the armpit, mouth or rectum. In addition, such device is equipped with a timer. Therefore, it notifies you about the end of the measurement by the signal. The apparent advantage of this thermometer is that it is very hard to break. You can also choose a waterproof thermometer which can not only measure the body temperature, but also water
- Oral or rectal thermometers for babies are also equipped with a timer and signal. The oral thermometer is a conventional silicone pacifier which not only determines body temperature but also contributes to the formation of a correct bite. But keep in mind that this device is not recommended to use for children under 12 months since too small children cannot hold it in the mouth and it greatly affects the result of the measurement. Rectal thermometers are very accurate and have almost no errors in the readings. In general, they are designed for babies from first days of life.
- Infrared thermometers are more expensive than electronic thermometers. But they are essential for the convenience and health of a baby. These thermometers are not universal and they are specifically designed for temperature measurement in one part of the body. For example, an infrared ear thermometer measures the temperature only in the ear. If you use it for other purposes, it will not determine the correct temperature. Infrared thermometers can measure the temperature on the forehead even without contact with a child. The main advantage of these thermometers is their speed. The procedure takes only 5-30 seconds and it is very convenient. Your child will not feel discomfort because to measure the temperature you don’t need to press the hand of your baby to the body or to penetrate into the rectum for about 5 minutes. For children from 12 months, the procedure can become something like a game. The most expensive infrared thermometers are non-contact. But they can not only measure the body temperature but also the water and air. Furthermore, you don’t even need to touch your baby to measure the temperature. This simplifies the procedure when your baby sleeps. Forehead and non-contact thermometers are used from the first day of a child’s life. Ear thermometers are used after 12 months as there is a risk to damage the eardrum of the newborn.
You should keep in mind that infrared thermometers are more expensive and, in order not to waste your money for this purchase, you have to understand what exactly you buy and what how this thermometer works. You need to read the instructions carefully and follow them. For example, you should gently immerse the ear thermometer into the ear, forehead thermometer should first contact the temples and then the forehead and non-contact thermometer should be brought to the body of the baby at a distance of 2 cm. You also need to know that devices can show the temperature with errors if a child is crying procedures, eating or simply cannot sit still during the procedure.
The possible “pitfalls”
With today’s abundance of thermometers for babies, it seems that there is nothing easier than to choose a thermometer for the newborn – you should only have a certain amount of money. But the high price does not guarantee that you will be comfortable to use a thermometer and get accurate readings.
Electronic and optical thermometers have several drawbacks, which, however, you can easily get around if you know how to use them properly. It is better to know about this before buying in order not to buy a new device later.
For example, if your child doesn’t press a universal digital thermometer to his body tightly, the result in the armpit can be with a rather large error – up to half a degree. This is unacceptable if the baby is on medication. So if you do not know how to properly measure the temperature in the armpit, it’s better to select oral or rectal thermometer.
Thermometers in the form of pacifier distort the result if the child opens his mouth during the procedure. Moreover, most of these gadgets, as well as a rectal electronic thermometer, are designed to 2000 measurements, and then you have to throw the thermometer away because the internal battery cannot be replaced.
Infrared thermometers are the most accurate. But ear models may have a large error if the child has otitis.
Taking into account all these shortcomings, you can not only choose the most suitable and the best baby thermometer but also know how to use it in a given situation.
The Bottom Line
The health of our children is very important for us. Therefore, it is essential to know when your kid is sick and be ready to provide some medical assistant or, at least, your need to realize that you have to go to the doctor with your baby. The first thing that you need to determine is the temperature of your child. In this case, you will undoubtedly need a thermometer. But not all thermometers are convenient to use and lots of them may bring discomfort for your baby. Furthermore, some thermometers are dangerous.
That is why it is essential to find the best baby thermometer which will provide accurate readings. We have tested lots of baby thermometers. It was not so easy to pick out the best baby thermometers. However, after a thorough examination, we managed to make our list. The most important criteria were the accuracy of measurements, ease of use and safety. We hope that our review will help you choose the best baby thermometer. Take a closer look at the thermometers reviewed above to make the right choice.
Remember that the procedure of temperature measurement shouldn’t bring discomfort for your child. Therefore, it may be better to pay some additional dollars so your kid will enjoy the process.