Finding the best cool mist humidifier for baby is always a challenge especially as winter approaches because we want to make sure that we are getting a humidifier that will be working for a long period of time. During winter, humidity drops and when it does, the air gets so dry that it can irritate everything, our skin, lips, nose and even our lungs. Just imagine how much irritation a baby’s skin can stand to. This is the reason why we need humidifier for babies.
Before deciding to get a humidifier for our baby’s room, my partner and I looked at the different best cool mist humidifier for baby reviews that we can find online. There are some that costs cheaply while there are others that cost more than I expected. Thinking that I cannot compromise my baby’s health because I know she cannot take the same over the counter drugs that adults can take, I decided to get with the top rated baby humidifier I found. If you are in that same spot I was before, here are some of the best cool mist humidifier for babies that we found.
The best cool mist humidifier for baby from Avalon that is below the $100 mark is the Premium Ultrasonic Digital Cool Mist Humidifier for $99.99. This cool mist humidifier can also be used as warm mist humidifier, making it one refined humidifier to meet your baby’s needs. The tank of this humidifier can contain up to 5 liters that releases 400ml of mist ever hour. The mist it produces can cover a lot of 40-50 meters, a good mist provider in a nursery room or a standard kid’s room. It has a filter that uses advance technology to reduce water lime of up to 90%. What I liked the most about this humidifier is its smart technology allowing it to shut off when the tank is empty. This way, it won’t cause any damage to the heating element nor won’t it cause electrical failure. If you need to refill the tank, carry it with its handle bar to make your life easier. If your baby’s room is upstairs, carrying the 5 liter tank won’t be that bad anymore.
Other features of Premium Ultrasonic Digital Cool Mist Humidifier by Avalon that makes it the best cool humidifier for baby with a cold are:
- The built in filter
- The 12 hour time
- It has 360 degree mist settings
- It has auto off and on function when the tank is empty
One of the most affordable humidifier according to some of the best cool mist humidifier for baby reviews I read is the Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier by Honeywell. For a price of $54.99, you can get a humidifier that uses UV technology to make sure that your baby’s room is germ free. It doesn’t just kill bacteria; it also cleans the room of molds and fungus living in the tank.
This best cool mist humidifier for babies from Honeywell is very affordable yet it comes with a tank that can carry 2 liters of water. Honeywell that your baby needs to sleep in a cool, misty and quiet environment hence this machine operates quietly with the normal hum that is lovely to your baby’s ears. The filter is also top of the line with its Protec Antimicrobially Treated Filter technology. What I admire most from this humidifier is its ability to regulate the system to the current environment with its Self-Regulating Evaporative System. Honeywell also gives a 3-year warranty for its customers. If you are looking for a cool mist humidifier for your baby’s room, this one can do the job in a standard baby’s room. How good this humidifier is?
- It can kill e-coli bacteria after 2 hours of use
- It can clean out P. Citrinum after 2 hours of use
- It can wipe out A. Niger after 2 hours of use
- It can kill MS2 after 2 hours of use
All of these are after 2 hours of continuous use and the manufacturer assures that the Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier can do the job and wipe out t 99.9% of these germs and bacteria.
Cute, small but compact, this is how I can describe the $33.22 cool mist humidifier from Crane. For a price that is less than half of regular and bigger cool mist humidifier for babies, I can say that this Crane product is one of the best cool humidifier for baby with a cold.
According to best cool mist humidifier for baby reviews, one of the things that makes a humidifier a good product is its output and with this Crane’s product, the output of 2.3 gallon mist is an unbelievable feat considering that it just contains a gallon of water. In addition, it promises to provide relief from cold and cough as well as flu symptoms as it increases the moisture in the air. This is indeed one good machine to have if you have a baby that is often having flu-like symptoms.
Other features of Drop Shape Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier by Crane that makes it my best cool humidifier for baby with a cold are:
- It can run up to 24 hours nonstop without problems
- It has a nozzle that can be directed in a 360 degree direction
- It has a control so you can choose the output
- It is energy efficient
- It works quietly, no noisy humming while your baby is asleep
- It doesn’t require a filter to work
- It has auto on and off feature
In this best cool mist humidifier for baby reviews, we have the Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Cool Mist Humidifiers by Seneo as one of the top choices in terms of cool mist humidifier for kids. It is a lot affordable as compare to other cool mist humidifier brands at $23.99 yet it has a lot of features that more expensive ones have.
Let’s take a look at the awesome features of this Seneo cool mist humidifier and find out why it is the best cool mist humidifier for baby.
- It has cute design
- It has auto off function meaning it goes off when the tank is out of water
- It has a LED light that has 7 colors that changes from time to time
- It produces sweet aroma that is sweet to a baby’s nostrils. The aroma is also suited in an office setting making this cool mist humidifier a good choice for anyone
- It promises low energy consumption
- It works quietly in the background producing mist but no humming noise
The best cool humidifier for baby with a cold from InnoGear is there $37.99 Cool Mist Humidifier with Aromatherapy and Oil Diffuser. According to InnoGear, this is one of their top sellers so far. It can contain 1.3 liter of water that is good for 6.5 hours. If you put the mist setting at the minimum, the output can be stretched up to 8 hours. The vapor can be redirected by 360 degrees and can cover a 220sq feet room.
What makes this product the best cool mist humidifier for babies?
- It has 7 different LED lights that changes from time to time
- The mist can be directed with its rotatable flow that can be rotated up to 360 degrees
- It has stone filter that helps in eliminating bad smell from the humidifier
- It features an auto off system
- It hums silently while producing mist
- Mist intensity is adjustable
- Easy to use with its direct and simple manual
For a family that is looking for the best cool mist humidifier for baby, hoping to get the most out if, you can trust an Avalon humidifier. The humidifier is available for $69.99 and with the said price comes a lot of features that can give you peace of mind while batting the winter away.
Among the features of this best cool humidifier for baby with a cold are:
- An aroma diffusion option and you can use lavender or eucalyptus oil for the aroma
- Easy to operate and use machine
- Its 2.8 liter tank capacity works for 10 hours
- It has ceramic filter that works in preventing molds and bacteria build up. This filter is built in
- It is ETL Certificate Safety Approval certified
- It is easy to use with its adjustment knob
Although the price of this humidifier is a bit higher as compared to other brands, most best cool mist humidifier for baby reviews include it from time to time because of its safe LED light technology which is ETL certified, the only one of the few brands to receive such certification.
Cool Mist Humidifier Advantage
- It provides relief if your baby is suffering from congestion
- It relieves cold symptoms due to the weather
- It helps to loosen out those mucus in your baby’s nose and throat
- It can protect your baby’s skin from the harsh winter air
- It can also relieve symptoms of skin problems
- It can help your baby to have longer and better sleep
Using and After Using Humidifier
Before using your chosen best cool humidifier for baby with a cold, make sure to read the label and follow the instructions religiously. A humidifier gives great benefits but when used incorrectly, it can lead to accidents that you don’t want to even think about. The best cool mist humidifier for baby that you can get doesn’t have to be that expensive as well since there are baby humidifiers that cost $30 and it offers the same features that a humidifier costing $75 offers.
Just like any other things that we use at home, a humidifier needs to be cleaned regularly as well. Your humidifier is always in a moist state and when left as it is, it can lead to bacteria and mold growth. Molds can grow in a moist environment in as fast as 48 hours so take precautions with your baby’s humidifier. Even if you have the most expensive and the best cool mist humidifier for baby that money can buy, it is not free from molds and bacteria. Humidifiers need to be disinfected on a regular basis. Check your manual for yours. When not in use, better leave it unplug as well. Keep it out of your children’s reach especially curious toddlers.