Healthy and food is a must for every baby at any stage of development. It is essential to give nutritious food to babies as the organisms are growing and need vitamins and minerals. Such food will make your baby healthy and happy.
The process of preparing homemade baby food can seem impossible and too hard for some parents. But there are lots of appliances which can simplify your life. A hand blender for baby food is one of them. It is very compact and doesn’t take too much space in the kitchen, but what is the most important it will make excellent purees, soups and smoothies for your baby in seconds. Such blender is easy to use, you don’t have to assemble it and it is cheaper than most of high-quality food processors. Actually, a hand blender is all you may need for making baby food, as some of the functions that are available in food processors may turn out to be unnecessary for you. Of course, the food processor can cope with the tasks as quickly as the hand blender, but it takes up more space, and not every family can find a place for it. It is also a waste of time and efforts to assemble the food processor if you need to make a puree for your baby. So, a hand blender for baby food will be very useful for every family.
But how to choose the best hand blender for baby food? There are a few main criteria.
Now the manufactures are improving with different features, especially they pay a lot of attention to design of the blender. They make it like a space ship with glittering metal and multicolored plastic housing, with streamlined and smooth lines. Astonished by such beauty you can forget about the main reason why you wanted to purchase this product, and then you may be disappointed because of functionality of a new blender. Here are a few advice you should pay attention to while choosing the best hand blender for baby food:
- Power. It is the most important feature of your new assistant. The power capacity of blenders for baby food ranges from 150 to 700 Watts. Hand blenders with the capacity of 150-220 Watts are good for blending cooked vegetables, soft fruit and for mixing smoothies. The blenders with power capacity of 600-700 W can easily cope with the grinding of hard raw vegetables and breaking ice. But you will hardly need such power capacity for making baby food.
- Number of speeds. Normally, blenders have from 2 to 5 speeds, but it is not the limit. There are blenders with 12 and even 15 speeds. With multiple speeds in the blender you can select the optimal mode of operation to prepare a particular dish and achieve the best result. Some blenders are also equipped with Turbo Mode which helps increase the speed of the appliance for a short time. For making baby purees you will need maximum 3 speeds, so there is no reason to buy expensive blenders with more speeds.
- Material. The upper part of your blender can be made both from metal and from plastic. What is better? Metal part of the immersion is usually made of stainless steel and it is very durable. Stainless steel will easily cope with hot foods and it is a big advantage. The disadvantage of metal is that is rather heavy. Plastic part of the immersion is considerably lighter and easy to clean and dry, but it is not as durable as metal and can be deformed from high temperature. Pay attention to the material of the handle. Rubberized handles are more comfortable and pleasant to hold in your hand.
- With the cord or not? Both models operate well. Blenders with the cord are not so heavy. But for some parents blenders with the built-in batteries seem more convenient. Cordless models give you an opportunity not to be constantly in the kitchen. You can take it for a picnic and make food for your baby outside. In case of power failure, you will be able to finish making food, and it is a great plus.
- Noise level. If you have a baby, you will probably want to have a quiet hand blender as a loud blender can wake up your sleeping baby, and even for you such loud “music” won’t be pleasant.
- Accessories. It may not be so essential, but of course it is better to have more accessories for making different kind of food. Some baby food hand blenders come with a food processor attachment which is great for steaming food.
Now let’s take a look at the best baby food hand blender reviews.
This hand blender for baby food is one of the best in the category. The Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Blender is comfortable to hold, easy to use and has a dishwasher safe blending shaft and beaker, so you will have no problem with cleanup. Let’s take a look at the features of this hand blender:
- Weight – 2.5 pounds;
- Powerful 200W motor;
- 2 speeds;
- One-touch on/off button;
- Comfortable handle;
- Detachable shaft;
- Blending attachment with stainless steel blade and blade guard;
- Microwave and dishwasher safe 2-cup plastic mixing beaker;
- 5 ½ foot cord;
- Limited 3-year warranty.
This hand blender comes with a powerful 200 W motor, which handles more blending tasks, and the handy stick design lets you blend in a bowl, pot or pitcher. Ergonomically designed grip offers comfortable hold and more control while blending. The Cuisinart CSB-76 operates with a one-touch control for easy one-handed blending. Blending attachment with stainless steel blade and blade guard easily snaps into the motor body housing. The stainless blade is partially covered by a stainless housing that prevents splashing. The Cuisinart CSB-76 comes with a 5 ½ foot cord and can’t be operated without being plugged in. This blender also has a plastic beaker that can hold two cups of any food. Though the blender is very durable and sturdy and made of high-quality material, the plastic gear may wear out over time and will require to repair or replacement.
The Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Immersion Hand Blender will simplify the process of making baby purees. It makes smooth purees without chunks in a few seconds. At 14-1/8 inches, the blender is the perfect size for blending any food. Parents appreciate the features of this blender and are satisfied with the quality of baby food. The Cuisinart CSB-76 Hand Blender deserves to get high scores for its quality and performance.
The Immersion Hand Blender and Food Processor by Sage Spoonfuls is one more hand blender that is worth looking at. For its value this hand blender can be called one of the best hand blenders for baby food. With this hand blender you will understand that making baby food has never been easier. Here are its features that make it so valuable:
- Weight – 2.5 pounds;
- Powerful 120V / 250W motor;
- 2 cup bowls on food processor, no limit on immersion blender;
- Chopping, blending and pureeing functions;
- BPA / Lead / Phthalate and PVC free materials;
- Easy to clean;
- Dishwasher safe parts;
- Limited 1-year warranty.
The Immersion Hand Blender by Sage Spoonfuls with Food Processor Attachment is a great appliance for making baby food at any stage of development. You can use it even when baby has outgrown purees. This blender has a food processor attachment. So you can make one or many servings at once. The process of preparing purees is quick and easy. You will be pleased with the excellent quality of purees, smoothies, soups, and you will make purees without chunks just in seconds. This Immersion Hand Blender can blend fruit, veggies and meat.
Take note that the Immersion Hand Blender doesn’t have a separate container, so you have to find any bowl, pitcher or pot. But remember that it should be deep enough in order to get better results and keep splashing to a minimum.
The Immersion Hand Blender and Food Processor has a powerful and quiet motor. It works consistently and well. There were some complaints that the motor burnt out, but the manufacturer changed it without problems. In order to prevent this problem you have to give some rest for your blender while blending.
This blender is very compact, so you will easily find space for it in the kitchen. The process of cleaning is also quick and easy; all parts are top-rack dishwasher safe, but not a motor base of course.
The Immersion Hand Blender and Food Processor is really one of the best hand blenders for baby food. It is a perfect multi-tasking appliance and is ideal for families on a budget. Lots of families have a great experience with this blender and recommend it for making baby food.
The Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender is extremely versatile blender with 15 speeds for making different kind of food. Its powerful 280-watts motor for excellent blending, comfortable handle, easy cleanup and accessories make this blender one of the best hand blenders for baby food in the category. Here are the features of the Breville Immersion Blender:
- Weight – 3.8 pounds;
- Powerful 280W motor;
- 15 speeds;
- 6 foot cord;
- 8” immersion depth for large quantities of tall pots;
- Ergonomic control grip with a trigger operation;
- Whisk, beaker and chopper included;
- Bell-shaped base;
- Stainless steel ice crushing blades;
- Non-scratch guard;
- Easy to clean;
- 1 year warranty.
The Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender stands apart from other blenders. It is a multi-tasking appliance, whether it’s blending, whipping or pureeing. This blender has a new durable design and a redesigned blade system with internal ribs to create turbulence. This system makes sure the food falls onto the blade, reducing suction to the bottom of the pot. The powerful motor blends all ingredients evenly and you can blend large quantities of food directly in the pot. With 15 variable speeds you can better control the process of blending. With its ergonomically optimized handle, designed for more comfort of your hand, you can easily make excellent food for your baby in seconds.
The Breville VOntrol Grip is made of high quality materials: both the blending shaft and the ice-crushing blades are made of stainless steels. The bottom of the blender has a non-scratch base to prevent it from scratching your pots. It also comes with a whisk, blending jug and chopping bowl attachment. The chopping bowl can be stored compactly in the jug and the lid of the blending jug can be used as a base to prevent slipping. Cleanup of this blender is really easy. All parts (except motor, chopper lid and whisk gear box) are dishwasher safe.
All these features make the Breville Control Grip one of the best hand blenders for baby food. You can also use this blender when your baby has outgrown purees. Its value and quality beat out higher priced models. The Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender is highly evaluated and recommended by customers.
The Hamilton Beach 59756 Bebe is one more appliance in the category of the best hand blenders for baby food. This blender doesn’t have lots of additional accessories, but it has enough features for healthy and fresh making baby food. Here what you get with this hand blender for baby food:
- Weight – 2.7 pounds;
- Powerful motor – 225 Watts;
- 2 speed kitchen multi-tool;
- Stainless steel blending wand;
- Dishwasher safe beaker;
- Blending, pureeing, mixing and whipping functions;
- Great for the baby years and beyond;
- 3 year limited warranty.
The Hamilton Beach 59756 Bebe Hand Blender is easy to use and clean and it makes excellent purees, soups and smoothies for babies. It has a long cord for more room to maneuver. You will have no problem to clean it by hand and its beaker is dishwasher safe. What else do you need – any extra super features? The Hamilton Beach Bebe Hand Blender is a perfect solution for families on a budget as it makes necessary and nutritious baby food. With this blender you can blend, mix, puree and whip directly in the bowl (and it is very convenient as you don’t have to clean a separate bowl).
The KitchenAid 3-Speed Hand Blender will be a good assistant for parent in the kitchen. It offers a good value and amazing performance in addition to a great set of accessories. With this appliance the process of making baby food will be easy and pleasant. This blender allows you to chop, blend, crush, puree and whisk. You just need to choose the appropriate speed (you can find the instructions in the manual). Let’s see what this blender offers and why it is one of the best hand blenders for baby food:
- Weight – 2.6 pounds;
- Powerful and quiet 216W motor;
- 3 variable speeds;
- Removable 8” blending arm with fixed blade locks;
- Soft grip handle;
- 5 foot power cord;
- 2 ½ cup BPA free chopper attachment with lid locks;
- 3-Cup BPA free blending jar with graduated measurement markings and lid;
- Chopping, blending, pureeing, whipping and crushing functions;
- Whisk attachment;
- Storage bag;
- Dishwasher safe parts;
- Instruction Manual and Recipe Book.
The KitchenAid 3-Speed Hand Blender performs really well, quickly and easily. This blender is powered by quiet 216W motor and has 3 variable speeds, so you can control the process of blending and get the desired consistency of the puree. Its 8 in. removable blending arm provides exceptional control to blend the ingredients with ease. The soft grip handle is designed to provide maximum comfort and control. The Whisk attachment can be useful for quick whipping creams or egg whites to fluffy peaks. With the chopper attachment you can process hard veggies, fruit, cooked meat and other products directly in the convenient chopper bowl. This hand blender will make healthy, nutritious and delicious food for your baby in seconds. Furthermore, you won’t be bothered by the process of cleaning, as cleanup is really easy.
Parents truly love this hand blender and give positive reviews. The combination of price and value makes the Kitchen Aid 3-Speed Hand Blender one of the best hand blenders for baby food.
The Oster 2-Speed Immersion Blender with stainless steel blade and measuring cup (which is a bonus) is a versatile and inexpensive blender which deserves to be in the category of the best hand blenders for baby food. It performs really well and is loved by many parents who describe it as a must-have appliance for making baby food. Here are the features of this hand blender:
- Weight – 2.4 pounds;
- Powerful 250W motor;
- 2 speeds and pulse setting;
- Stainless steel S-blade;
- Detachable blending rod for easy cleanup and storage;
- Blending / measuring cup with dual purpose lid for mixing and storage;
- Blending, mixing and pureeing functions.
The Oster 2-Speed Immersion blender makes everyday food prep quick and easy. This blender prepares excellent purees, soups and smoothies for your baby. And it is the very important that the food will be always fresh and healthy. With 2 variable speeds and powerful 250W motor you can control the process of pureeing and make the puree for your baby of the desired consistency. Stainless steel durable S-blade design takes you from task to task and comfortable grip reduces hand stress while blending. The blender also features a measuring cup with dual purpose lid for mixing and storage. Detachable blending rod will simplify the process of cleaning (you can wash the blade and the motor won’t be wet) and storage.
With the Oster 2-Speed Immersion Blender you will make delicious homemade food for your baby in seconds. This hand blender is very compact and easy to use. It is a hand blender with basic features for baby food making, but it performs really well and deserves high scores for the quality of blending. The Oster 2-Speed Immersion Blender is a solid blender at affordable price.
The Bottom Line
The process of making baby food can be easy and quick. It is proved. You just need a good assistant in the kitchen. There are lots of appliances for making baby food, but not all of them may be easy to operate and some of them are really cumbersome. A hand blender for baby food can become a right assistant for all parents as it is a compact and versatile kitchen tool that will simplify your life while preparing baby food.
The range of hand blenders for baby food is striking. You can simply get lost among so many models. How to make a right solution and choose the best hand blender for baby food? This question may seem not easy to answer. You can look at the best baby food hand blender reviews which can be really helpful.
When selecting the best hand blender for baby food you should consider the following parameters: power capacity, number of speeds, material, cleanup, built-in batteries or cord, noise level and accessories.
You should also realize that hand blenders for baby food are limited with their functionality since they are designed specifically for blending, mixing and pureeing.
We have reviewed the best hand blenders for baby food. To make a proper research we also took into consideration the reviews of customers. All the blenders reviewed above are great appliances for making baby food. They just differ with some features. Some of the reviewed hand blenders are suitable not only for making baby food, but even when baby has outgrown purees. And it is a great advantage. But such blenders are more expensive than hand blenders with basic features. Nevertheless, all reviewed blenders are durable and user-friendly. Such blender will save not only your time, but money. All the ingredients used for making baby food will be under your control, so your baby will always have fresh, healthy and delicious food.
We hope that our review will be helpful for you and you will find the best hand blender for baby food.