Every time the weather changes or the temperature does, so does the temperature inside our homes. When it is too hot, we want to create a comfortable environment not only for us but for our little one and the best way to do it is with the available best humidifier for baby.
Things to Consider in choosing the best humidifier for baby room
The type of your best humidifier for baby room
How would you know if you got the best humidifiers for babies? That would be by checking the type of humidifier first. Would you need a cool mist or warm mist humidifier? In choosing the type, you have to consider the way each humidifier type works and the price.
The model of humidifier for baby room
There are different models of baby humidifiers for different reasons and each model comes with specific feature. There are types that can release aroma, models that can produce more mist in a longer period of time and there are models that are easy to clean. Do not rely on what the seller is telling you, do your own research and read some humidifier for baby reviews beforehand.
Consider the space where you will put your best humidifier for baby room
Ideally, the size of the room where you will put your chosen best humidifier for baby dictates the right size of humidifier you will need. Small size humidifiers can cover up to 300sq ft. while medium size humidifiers can cover up to 499sq ft. This size can even dictate how noisy your humidifier can be, how efficient and how convenient to have. Now, if your baby’s room is too large like it is 999sq ft., get a large humidifier as well and if it is more than 999sq ft., an extra-large humidifier will do.
Features of humidifiers
Which humidifier is best for babies? That would be the humidifier that is:
- Easy to clean. A clean humidifier works well hence maintenance is very important to have a functioning humidifier. Even the most expensive and best humidifiers for babies from the best brands wouldn’t work well if it has been running for two years without being cleaned.
- Easy to use. The best humidifier for baby for me is something that just needs to be filled with water, closed, plugged in then it starts producing mist and comforting my baby. Nobody wants a complicated looking humidifier that is hard to control and difficult to make it work.
- The humidistat control. Most humidifiers today have an auto on and off humidistat, it means that when the room reaches the best humid level, the humidistat turns off automatically or gets reset. If you don’t have such on your chosen best humidifier for babies, the room might end up with the highest humid your humidifier can produce.
- Does it have a timer? This is like the humidistat but works differently. The timer can turn on the humidifier as you set it in. If you want to come home to a room that is already humidified, you can use a timer to do so. The only issue here is that you are putting water in your tank for a long period of time and sitting water can be home to most bacteria. In the end, the best humidifier for baby room is something that you can use easily, control easily and has great mist output!
The best humidifiers for babies base on brands
Best Humidifier for Babies from Vicks
One of the best humidifier for babies from Vicks is their $26.86 Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off feature. This humidifier has a capacity of a gallon and it can continuously work for 12 hours without interruption. The 1 gallon can last that long. If you have a baby that is a bit sensitive to small noise, this humidifier will work for him because it is works quietly. It comes with 2 settings for you to control and there is a medicine cup that comes with it. You can use the medicine cup to add the Vicks Vaposteam or Kaz Inhalent to get that Vicks Vaporub in the mist effect. With the medicine cup, you can put any medicated vapor of your choose to make the mist more effective in soothing your baby.
Information about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off
- It measures 12 x 7.9 x 14.2 inches
- It weighs 4.8 pounds without water
- It auto shuts off when it runs out of water
- It can convert your 1 gallon of water to 12-hour worth of mist
- It has medicine cup for vapor
There are a lot of best humidifiers for babies from Vicks and one of them is Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier for a price tag of $36.33. This humidifier from Vicks is the upgraded version of the old Vicks V745 Warm Mist Humidifier. The difference between this new humidifier as compared to the old one is the presence of scent pad slot where you can put your VapoSteam or Vicks VapoPads. This humidifier has a maximum capacity of 1 gallon and it can run up to 24 hours. You can control it using the two settings that the humidifier has. Controlling these settings is also easy because it is just on the side. Just like any other Vicks made humidifiers, the Warm Mist Humidifier also has an auto shut feature hence once it runs out of water, the humidifier goes to sleep.
Information about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier
- It measures 12 x 7.4 x 14.3 inches
- It weighs 4.8 pounds without water
- It doesn’t have and doesn’t need filter to work
- It has larger opening so you can refill the water easily
- It can convert your 1 gallon of water to 24-hour worth of mist
- It has medicine cup for vapor
- It auto shuts off when it runs out of water
What type of humidifier is best for baby? That would be something that doesn’t only make the temperature in the room likely; it should also keep the room germ free. One of these humidifiers would be from Vicks, the Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier. This humidifier costs $76.50 and for the said price, it promises to keep your baby safe from germs and bacteria. Vicks UV 99.999% Germ Free Humidifier kills molds and spores of up to 99%. The dual tank can be filled easily with water and full tanks can last 24 hours even if used continuously. There are multiple humidity settings for this humidifier and it can be controlled easily with the settings control outside of the humidifier itself. It also comes with a medicine cup and if you will fill it with Vicks Vaposteam or Kaz, it can help sooth irritation of nose and membranes.
Information about Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier
- It measures 16.9 x 12.3 x 13.6 inches
- It weighs 10 pounds at least
- It kills 99.99% of germs, molds, spores and bacteria
- It has medicine cup for vapor
- It can convert 2 tanks of water into 24-hour worth of mist (1 gallon per tank)
- It uses UV lights but it doesn’t mean that your baby is now being exposed to UV lights
Best Humidifier for Babies from Holmes
If you are looking for the best humidifier for baby room, check what Holmes can offer. The Holmes Ultrasonic Whale Humidifier is not as long-working as Vicks humidifiers but it can certainly do the job of soothing your baby’s nostrils and making her breathing a lot easier. This cutely designed humidifier will surely give you a good night’s sleep with its 10-hour runtime on 3.75 liters of water (1 gallon). The mist can be controlled in many setting using a knob. This humidifier is a small humidifier so make sure that you will be putting it in a small room or medium sized room.
Information about Holmes Ultrasonic Whale Humidifier
- It measures 11.1 x 10.5 x 15 inches
- It weighs 5 pounds, a lightweight
- It runs for 10 hours continuously
- It has easy controls
- It comes with 1 year warranty from Holmes
Most humidifier for baby reviews mentions Holmes as one of the top makers of humidifier, whether it is a cool or warm mist humidifier. For a very affordable price of $47.88, Holmes Personal Ultrasonic Humidifier can be yours and you can start enjoying using this ultrasonic humidifier without worrying about noise pollution. It is suited for small rooms or nurseries. The mist it produces is visible and is being propelled by its high frequency vibrations. If you want to help your baby relax while sleeping without costing too much on your monthly electric bill, this energy efficient humidifier is what you need. With Holmes Personal Ultrasonic Humidifier, you can also control the direction of the mist and the output level of the mist.
Information about Holmes Personal Ultrasonic Humidifier
- It is compact in size
- It is lightweight at 3.6 pounds
- It can run for 18 hours with a quarter gallon of water
- It doesn’t need a filter to work
- The tank is removable for easier refilling needs
- The mist can be redirected
Which humidifier is best for babies according to Holmes? That would be Holmes Cool Mist Humidifier for a price tag of $39.98. This is the most affordable humidifier from Holmes and yet it offers a lot like other more expensive humidifiers do. If you are looking for a way to give your baby some comfort in a very cold weather but you don’t have much to pay for it, the Holmes Cool Mist Humidifier can do the job decently although other people think it doesn’t. This humidifier is designed to protect your baby and you from dry and stuffy air.
Information about Holmes Cool Mist Humidifier
- It has compact design
- It is lightweight at 5.2 pounds
- It has filter that makes sure that no mold or bacteria will get into your mist
- It has two speed settings
- It can run for 24 hours using a gallon of water
- The filter also eliminated bad odor
Best Humidifier for Babies from Hunter
If you are in the market shopping for the best humidifier for baby, the Hunter Microban Soothing Cool Mist Evaporative Humidifier is worth your time checking. This $59.99 humidifier got everything you are looking for such as antimicrobial filter, a dark blue light to make the night less shady and an easy on and off button. This humidifier comes in a Tote Away tank hence you can carry it with you and place it somewhere else without worrying that it will fall. it is also easier to carry. If you need to clean it, the pan and tank is dishwasher friendly. It comes with a wick that traps all impurities from the water such as white dust making sure that the mist it is producing is 100% clear and clean. The price of this kit includes a Season Long Wick.
Information about Hunter Microban Soothing Cool Mist Evaporative Humidifier
- It measures 5 x 13.5 x 11 inches
- It weighs 6 pounds
- It features MicrobanTM antimicrobial product protection
- It has filter that works by preventing molds and bacteria from getting into your mist
- It features Balanced Tote Away design
- It uses NiteGlo technology to provide soft blue light when needed. The light has its own on and off button
- Some parts of this humidifier are dishwasher friendly
- It comes with a Season Long Wick
From Hunter, the best humidifier for babies is their Hunter Home Comfort Ultrasonic Personal Air Humidifier for only $61.82. If you are looking to keep moist in your baby’s room which is not as big as your living room, a small humidifier like this Personal Air Humidifier from Hunter will do. If you are travelling and you want to keep your new place humid, then just bring it with you. Since it is Ultrasonic, it means that it works fine without making noise. It is so compact that the tank is as big as a bottle of water hence using it in a small room or carrying it with you all the time won’t be a problem at all.
Best Humidifier for Babies from Honeywell
The first best humidifiers for babies that we will feature under this manufacturer are their Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier. At a very reasonable price of $54.99, this germ free humidifier promises to free your baby’s room of germs in a matter of few hours. This humidifier runs on a 1.5 gallon tank that can be used for 24 hours. It uses a Protec Antimicrobially Treated Filter to keep all germs, molds and bacteria away, assuring you that 99.99%of them will be gone. It also comes with a 3-year limited warranty from Honeywell. To make it more effective in killing germs, make sure to clean it from time to time, say once a year. The good thing is it is dishwasher friendly so you just have to take it apart and wash it. This is for a medium sized room only.
What type of humidifier is best for baby that is from Honeywell? Personally, that would be something that I can afford like the Honeywell Easy to Care Cool Mist Humidifier for only $39.99. This humidifier comes with Honeywell’s patented Easy Fill Technology hence refilling it from time to time can be as easy as one two three. It looks like a small watering plant pot that has control settings on the side. It comes with two control settings for moisture and it can keep a medium size room comfortable in as long as 36 hours. The Honeywell Easy to Care Cool Mist Humidifier has an antimicrobial filter.
Best Humidifier for Babies from random brands
If you are looking for the best humidifier for baby room that is quiet and working, the Bengoo Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifiers is a sure option. It is very affordable at $38.99 yet despite its low price, it has a lot of features that you can only see in expensive humidifiers. This Bengoo humidifier comes a 5in1 functionality plus a diffuser for aromatherapy. The 5 functions are:
- Aromatherapy diffuser
- Air Purifier
- Mood Light
The filter of this humidifier is a Microporous Filter Cartridge hence it can filter the tiniest organism in your baby’s room. It also filters organisms from the water in order to produce healthier vaporizer and mist. The mood lighting capability of this filter comes with 7 different lights so if your baby is afraid of the dark, this mood light can suit his fear and lull him to sleep at night. It also comes with an adjustable nozzle so redirecting the mist can be done easily in 360 degrees. The intensity of the mist or spray is also controllable. The tank can carry 1.3 gallons of water and it can work wonders in 6.5 hours. Since it is easy to refill, refilling it from time to time is not an issue at all.
In most humidifier for baby reviews, Crane Drop is rarely mentioned but it has things to brag about as a good humidifier. This humidifier is also very affordable at a price of $33.22. With such price, you would be surprised to find that it has a lot of features such as:
- it can turn 1 gallon of water to 2.3 gallons of moist
- it can really provide relief for babies and adults suffering from flu symptoms and even cough
- it really produces mist that humidifies the air that in turn make the weather bearable and more comfortable
- this is ultrasonic and it is real, it works silently in the middle of the night
- the nozzle can be controlled 360 degrees
- it has an auto sensory off and on system to prevent overheating and fire incident in case the tank runs out of water
- it runs without filter
- it comes with an easy to refill tank
- it is easy to clean
Which humidifier is best for babies that come from a known manufacturer of baby products and accessories? That would be Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Humidifier. So far, this is the cheapest humidifier for small room that I have seen. It can be yours at a price tag of $24.99 and with such price, you can get a humidifier that can:
- produce mist that can soothe baby’s skin
- produce mist through its two nozzle that can be controlled
- produce mist for 12 straight hours
- produce mist quietly
- auto shut on and off system to prevent overheating and fire
The best humidifier from Safety First has two dual mist outlets so you can direct the mist in any direction you want it to go. The vent is also adjustable so if you have two babies in one room, they can share the mist equally. It also comes with easy to understand controls. With this control, you can now control the amount of mist produced in the air. Remember that higher settings mean more mist. IF the need to refill rises, you can just carry the tank with its handle. Bring it to the sink and refill it. Now it is ready to be used again.
Although it is not as popular as other brands, the best humidifier for baby from Vornadobaby will surely make you consider what they are offering. Vornadobaby Huey Nursery Evaporative Humidifier offers a lot of features for a price tag of $99.99. This is a bit expensive as compared to other brands of humidifiers because:
- It works without needing to heat the water
- it evaporates humid gently hence you won’t see any white dust while it is working
- It uses Vortex action to balance the mist in the air
- it runs using a bottle with 32oz of water and it works continuously in producing mist for up to 12 to 16 hours
- it has lock and backlit controls
- it has 2 airflow settings
- the humidity control is automatic
- it is easy to clean with its removable grill
- it comes with 5 years warranty, a proof that the manufacturer believes in the quality of its product
- it has a dimension of 13.2 x 9.8 x 11.8 inches
- it weighs 2.9 pounds
The best humidifier for babies from Ogima is their Cool Mist Humidifier for a cool price of $42.99. This humidifier doesn’t just produce mist to make everyone comfortable; it also comes with cute Led Lights. Best of all, this humidifier is also against germs and bacteria and promises to kill up to 99.99% of germs, hours after it begins operation. The humidity level of this humidifier is set and it can humidify a room up to 45m2. A full tank Ogima Cool Mist Humidifier can work up to 12 hours and it can auto shut once it runs dry. Ogima is so confident with their product that they are offering a 3-month money back guarantee.
Why do we need to spend money for humidifier?
It is actually up to you if think that you will need a humidifier or not. People living in tropical areas where the weather is always warm doesn’t really need humidifier. Humidifier is a necessity though if you are leaving in a place where the regular weather is cold or it is always winter season. If you are living in an area where it is always cold and you start having crack lips, dry skin and itchy eyes, then it is high time to get a humidifier. If an adult like you is having experiencing these and the discomfort that comes with it, what’s more with your baby?
Is bigger the better?
Do you need to humidify the entire area or your entire house? Prioritizing is very important in this case because there is no need to really get a big humidifier for the entire house. Among the locations that you only need to consider are baby’s room, yoga room and your main rooms. Besides, you don’t need to turn on your humidifier 24 hours a day. Humidifiers are running using electric power and although most humidifiers are now energy efficient, it is still not wise to keep it running for 24 hours.
So which humidifier is best for babies? It is always the one that does the job needed from it. A more expensive humidifier means it works better. If your little one is always having cough or fever and he is always suffering from clog nose, spend a little higher with humidifiers that has medicinal cup because the effect of aromatherapy always soothe them, making breathing a lot easier. As for the size, look for something that can cover the entire room without sacrificing the comfort that your baby will be getting.