You can carry them to anywhere you want. Basically, the lightweight strollers have evolved a lot. Now, they are not just like the old fashioned umbrella stroller.
Currently, lightweight strollers have more functions with exquisite features. Despite the fact that they are light, they are still suitable to heavy travel. You can easily stash them into your trunk. And, they will not consume too much of space. Here is a our table of the our most recommended lightweight strollers. (article continued below.)
Lightweight Strollers Comparison Table.
With these things in mind, choosing the best lightweight strollers can be overwhelming. There are lots of strollers with a variety of options. As a result, if you are not aware of what you are getting, you might end up lose your money. In fact, you can even hurt your baby. Right now, you are thinking – what is the best lightweight stroller? I know you can think like that as you don’t know the best lightweight stroller for toddlers.
This is why I am presenting you this comprehensive guide to buying best lightweight strollers. By analyzing critically, I have rounded up the eight lightweight strollers. In the later stages, you will also get to know the important issues of buying lightweight strollers. So, let’s roll on and read out the light weight stroller reviews carefully.
Best Lightweight Stroller 2017
Here is the list of eight light weight stroller reviews in 2017 –
The Features –
- The design of the stroller is called – Patented Stand on Tandem Design.
- The stroller is compact and maneuverable.
- It includes complete infant car seat attachment.
- There is a big storage basket and child tray with two holders.
- The design is easy-to-trigger and you can fold it smoothly.
Joovy Caboose Stand on Tandem Stroller, Appletree is a versatile caboose stand on
tandem stroller. It has made strolling around a lot easier than previous times. This stroller will allow you to stand an older child on its patented rear platform. At the same time, a young child will be able to enjoy a comfortable ride in the front quite easily. In case, your older child becomes tired of standing, he or she can turn around and rest on the padded rear seat. Besides, this lightweight stroller is equipped with a universal seat attachment system. With that being said, the stroller can accommodate an infant in the car seat as well. Plus, this stroller has less weight and you can fold it up compactly as well. There is a big basket with storage pockets. This is why you can store your important things in it quite easily. Finally, if your toddler is tired or wants to see the outside, you don’t need to lift him or her in and out of the stroller. The rear platform makes this task easy and comfortable. This is why Joovy Caboose Stand on Tandem Stroller, Appletree is a blessing to the parents!
The Features –
- This lightweight stroller is suggested for children up to 35 pounds. It is a big European style canopy stroller with two storage bags. There is a parent cup holder along with two attachment points.
- It is equipped with a five-point safety harness with 360-degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels.
- The frame of the stroller is lightweight and comes with a compact umbrella fold feature.
- You can easily store it and take it anywhere you want.
- The stroller weighs 18.3 pounds. And it has CPSC Standards and JPMA Certifications. The stroller also meets or exceeds all ASTM.
Delta Children City Street LX Side by Side Stroller, Orange is a unique stroller, which offers comfort and style in one product. This side by side stroller is designed for a growing family with plenty of storage capacity. So, it is by far one of the best lightweight strollers in the market.
The Features –
- The UPPAbaby 2015 G-Luxe Stroller, Jake is a robust profile stroller with new one action brake. It is built with a lightweight frame.
- It is stroller is an easy-to-open unit with removable height adjustable canopy.
- The fabrics of the stroller are easily removable and it comes with seat pad as well.
- The unit is made with extendable SPF 50 plus sunshade.
Compared to other strollers, the UPPAbaby 2015 G-Luxe Stroller, Jake is particularly a light stroller. It is mostly known as a functional stroller that is capable of comforting children in the best possible way. Besides, the stroller is agile and packed with useful features. The UPPAbaby 2015 G-Luxe Stroller, Jake features a new one action brake. The frame is built lightly with aluminum and robust profile. It has enough storage space and offers a reclining seat. Moreover, you will have no qualms while steering it. Not to mention that it has a sun shade. So, you can protect your toddler from the scorching heat of the sun. For all these features and superiority, the UPPAbaby 2015 G-Luxe Stroller, Jake is the best lightweight stroller for toddlers.
The Features –
- The Chicco Liteway Stroller, Octane consists of an aluminum frame and compact 3-D fold.
- It is a lightweight stroller with hide-away boot feature. When reclined, this feature will enclose the infants.
- There is a rear-wheel suspension with precision swivel front wheels. This feature will allow you to take it anywhere.
- The stroller is equipped with padded five-point safety harness feature. Besides, the multi-positive reclining seat will keep the children safe and secure.
- It also has a detachable storage basket. You can convert it to sling and carry your baby’s essentials.
This stroller is a stylish and bold lightweight stroller. It is often referred as a perfect stroller for babies due to its compact and ultra-light feature. It is available in trendy colors and modern tailoring. Besides, the elliptical tubing and high-tech wheels make it a fashion symbol as well. On top of it, the stroller is equipped with a compact 3-fold and carry handle. As a result, you can travel without worrying. If you are taking a sleeping baby with you, the fully reclining seat with the hide-away boot will enclose the stroller.
Additionally, the Chicco Liteway Stroller, Octane is made with rear-wheel suspension and toe-tap locking brakes. Both of these features will ensure that you have a safe ride with your child. In case, you are carrying some essentials for your baby, just detach the storage basket and convert it into a sling tote to keep the essentials there. Finally, it comes with a one-hand adjustable reclining seat, canopy, and leg support. So, it’s understandable that this model is best lightweight all terrain stroller. All these things will make sure your baby’s comfort. Ultimately, they will make you a happy Mom or Daddy!
The Features –
- Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller, Black is the most lightweight stroller.
- It is compact and comes with a maneuverable tandem feature.
- The stroller is also equipped with an oversized canopy and visor extension. There is three position reclining front seats as well.
- It also contains big storage basket with parent organizer.
- There is linked rear parking brakes with easy-to-trigger fold design.
- The stroller also includes child tray along with a child tray Child of two cup holders.
The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller, Black is the lightest of strollers in the market. It is conceivably the most maneuverable tandem stroller available for babies as well. It has the ability to navigate narrow spaces at ease. With its minimal weight, anyone can steer it with one hand. In addition, the seats are big and comfortable with three reclining positions for the front passengers. If the front seat reclines to a low position, your older baby can stand on the rear platform. Plus, the patented ‘Stand on Tandem’ design offers freedom to your children as your baby can walk, stand or sit comfortably. As for the security, this stroller has integrated rear brakes for ensuring additional security. Besides, the four-wheel suspension will offer a smooth ride for the back seat passenger.
Furthermore, the new and improved big storage basket is able to hold loads of gears for a comfortable travel. Not to mention the signature oversized canopy will work as a sun visor extension to protect your child from sharp sunray. Lastly, when you have come back from an outing, you can just fold the entire stroller easily for storage. So, The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller, Black is by far the most useful stroller for babies.
The Features –
- The BOB Ironman Single Stroller, Navy consists of a fixed front wheel. It offers increased stability for jogging or running at training pace.
- This stroller has an easy two-step folding.
- The frame of the stroller is lightweight, which is convenient for transport and storage.
- The suspension system of this unit is made with a state of the art adjustable system.
- There is an accessory adapter that ensures quick and smooth attachment of BOB infant car seat adapter or snack tray.
- The ultra padded and adjustable reclining seat will make sure seating comfort.
- Finally, the five-padded harness safety feature will secure your child’s comfort.
It doesn’t matter if you are track trainer or regular jogger. This lightweight stroller is designed to offer you fast running experience. The unit is equipped with fixed front wheel, low profile, and 16” high-pressure tires. These tire will roll easily on hard surfaces at training pace speeds. In addition, the state of the art suspension system along with ultra padded reclining seat and an adjustable five-point padded harness will provide a smooth ride for your toddler. Besides, the accessory adapter will help in securing a BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter or Snack Tray. Lastly, this unit is available in a Duallie two-seat model as well.
The Features –
- The Chico Keyfit Caddy Stroller Frame is exclusively designed for Chicco Keyfit Infant car seat.
- It has an audible click that ensures keyfit is attached properly.
- The stroller features a premium ultra light anodized aluminum frame with easy one hand fold option.
As noted earlier that this lightweight stroller is made for the rated Keyfit Infant Car Seat. This unit is a perfect match to a Chicco baby gear collection. With that in mind, the unit features an easy and secure click-in car seat attachment. This is why it is convenient for parents who are searching for an effective way to travel with a baby. Besides, the stroller is made of a light aluminum frame. It also consists of compact one hand fold, four position height adjustable handle, and big expandable basket. Apart from these features, the stroller has different features such as – toe-tap locking brakes, wheel suspension, and a full featured parent tray.
The Features –
- The Baby Trend Universal Double Snap-N-Go Stroller Frame is made of plastic and metal.
- It will accept two infant car seats and comes with a stadium seating.
- There is a big cradle frame to fit all car seats properly.
- 2 cup holder parent tray with covered storage compartment
- Large drop down storage basket
This best rated lightweight stroller is able to accept two infant car seats. It comes with a bigger frame, which acts like a cradle for proper car seats fitting. This unit also allows the adults to place two infant car seats onto carriage frame as well. But most interestingly, the children are not required to remove at all. Apart from this, the two-cup holder tray with covered storage compartment is convenient for a smooth transporting. As a result, this is the best lightweight stroller for newborn. When it comes to stability, it will deliver a stable performance as it features rear wheels with brakes.
Why Buy the Best lightweight Stroller?
Buying the best light weight stroller would provide you the following benefits –
- The lightweight strollers are small and easy to carry.
- You can fold them easily and quickly.
- For smaller children, the lightweight strollers are perfect.
- Nowadays, the lightweight strollers are offering a lot more features than the previous times.
- There are lots of benefits of using a lightweight stroller including – storage bins, reclining seats, big sun shades, adjustable leg rests, etc.
- Often, you will notice that these types of strollers are cost-effective than other types units.
What to Consider before Buying the Best lightweight Stroller for Toddler?
Before you go shopping to buy the best lightweight infant stroller, you should ask yourself the following questions –
- Do the lightweight strollers maneuver well? Typically, an umbrella stroller wheel is a small unit. So, it makes it tough to go over bumps and around corners.
- Is the stroller built to last? If you feel that the stroller you are buying feels flimsy, just avoid buying it.
- Does the stroller have enough storage space? In order to keep the stroller light, the basket has to be small. As a result, you should check whether the diapers bags fit in the stroller properly.
- Are you able to fold the stroller easily and quickly?
What are the Important Checklists for buying a Lightweight Stroller?
Before you buy a lightweight stroller, you have to check whether the unit is safe or not. So, just follow the below things to make sure that it meets the standard –
- At first, check the manual to ensure that your baby is perfect for the stroller’s recommended age and weight suggestions.
- Make sure that you have brought the stroller with adjustable safety straps to go over shoulders and around the waist.
- Search for the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) seal and certifications to ensure that the stroller is a safety standard unit.
Best Lightweight Stroller for Newborn: The Safety Checklist
Here is the safety checklist that you should follow before putting your toddler into a lightweight stroller –
- Before you unfold a stroller, always give a shake before putting your child into it. It will allow you to understand whether the seat is locked in perfectly.
- Make sure that your child’s finger is far from the folding mechanism.
- Never consider hanging anything on the back as you really don’t want a tip-over when you child is on board.
Useful Tips for Buying the Best Rated Lightweight Stroller
When you are buying a lightweight stroller, many issues would come into your way. And these issues would conspire to make your task at hand a lot tougher than usual. So, I am putting forward some useful tips for choosing and buying the best lightweight baby stroller. Utilize them when you are making your move –
Check the Tires: Checking the tires of the stroller is of paramount importance. The reason is if you buy a stroller with a low-quality tire, it might rip off in the middle of a ride. In that case, you will endanger your child. You can test out the tires by kicking (don’t kick hard) to make sure that it sturdy enough for a rough ride on the road. So, always check the tires before buying.
Go Through All the Small Details: Attention to detail is something always helps. It becomes mandatory when you are buying a stroller for your child. So, look out for features such as adjustable handles, a cup holder, canopy to shield the baby from sun or rain, and a large basket as a storage option. Also, you must figure out whether your stroller fits into your trunk. These things will make sure that you are getting the best item for your child.
Consider the Special Needs of your Child: If your baby is a newborn, he or she might need extra care. For example – your baby might need to lie down. So, thinking about the special need is significant while buying a lightweight stroller.
Always Give Priority to Safety: Most of the accidents occur when the parents leave their children unattended in a stroller. Even if you are shopping or looking at something important, make sure that there is someone to look after your baby. Apart from this, if you have an all-terrain stroller, you should emphasize on the safety more. The reason is the best lightweight all-terrain stroller is something that you can maneuver in tight spaces. This kind of stroller is subtle and needs more attention for securing safety.
Understand Clearly about the Return Policy: Before cashing in on a lightweight stroller, you should look for 100% satisfaction guarantee and a return policy. Remember that a return policy with a strict clause may not help you. Like – some policies will oblige you to return the stroller within 14 days of the delivery date. But this is impossible for you. On top of it, if something needs to be fixed on the stroller, you might have to pay for the shipping charge. So, if you understand clear what the return policies are, you can rest assure that you have brought the right one.
The Bottom Line
To put an end to this comprehensive guide, I would like to reflect on what I said in the beginning. It’s not easy to choose the best lightweight stroller. In fact, it’s a tough call to say this stroller best lightweight infant stroller. My reasoning behind these claims is that every parent is different with diverse demands and wants. With that in mind, there are lots of varieties in every lightweight stroller. So, you can easily get confused as to which is one suitable for you and your baby. You also find that some strollers are perfect for quick trips whereas others are more reliable for long tours or shopping.
Personally, I have talked with many parents to get an idea of what they think when they stumble upon all these things. They always have said they are overwhelmed before choosing any stroller. But I guess you are not confused anymore. I have discussed and revealed eight light weight stroller reviews with additional information to help you buy the best item. Besides, if you ask me about my personal favorite, I will endorse the UPPAbaby 2015 G-Luxe Stroller, Jake and Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller, Black. Both of these models are quite fantastic. They fit the bill perfectly for a lightweight stroller. So, don’t think too much. Figure out what you need and make a checklist of the things you want in your stroller. Afterward, just buy the best lightweight stroller for toddler and be happy!