A stroller is a very necessary if you are thinking of a family tour in the summer. People generally prefer lightweight travel strollers that can be folded compactly and kept easily in a car or plane. Parents of toddlers get confused whether they should carry a stroller for their journey or not. Previously, I had to struggle in choosing the right stroller but I overcame the outcomes of my bad decisions. And most importantly, I have been able to learn about the best systems. So, this is why I feel that I should spread out my knowledge among other parents. So, to make you comfortable, I have provided a brief discussion on some strollers that may help you make the decision quickly. Additionally, it will also help you to choose the best stroller depending on your the circumstances. So, scroll down and find out the best lightweight travel system stroller for you!
Top Lightweight Travel Strollers Comparison Table
Best Lightweight Stroller Travels System
Here are the hand-picked lightweight travel stroller reviews –
The Features –
- The front wheels are made in swiveling technique. It gives a better protection from accidents and locks forward to ensure more stability when jogging or when the ground is not smooth.
- It is easy to carry and can be folded in two steps. The lightweight frame makes is easy to carry on a journey and you can store it easily.
- The ride becomes comfortable with its adjustable suspension system and state of the art.
- You can easily attach the baby Seat Adapter or Snack tray with the stroller by the accessory adapter. The Infant Car Seat Adapters available for BRITAX/BOB, Graco, Chicco and Peg Perego infant seats.
- The sitting arrangement is made comfortable by using ultra padded adjustable reclining seats. The five point padded harness secures your kid from sudden wounds.
The BOB Revolution SE Stroller makes the ride enjoyable with its pivoting front wheel and lightweight frame. It is an ideal stroller for everyday use and occasional adventures. The suspension system can be modified according to your baby’s comfort and it can be folded for easy carrying. This stroller is also equipped with reclining seats and adjustable multi-position canopy.
While walking in the park or taking U-turns, a stroller may lose its control. But the BOB Revolution SE stroller hardly gets imbalanced due to the swiveling front wheels. They can rotate to any degree for keeping the stroller in right place. It has two sturdy and wide rear wheels that enhance balance in a variety of surfaces. The front wheel can be locked forward to make it more stable while jogging or the surface is not smooth. The accessory adapter ensures easy attachment of the BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter to use popular infant car seats in the stroller. The stroller system features two-position shock absorbers to enhance reliability and comfort. The five point padded harness comes with fasteners. It is tightened by pull rings that are easy to use and keep your baby safe. Installing a rear wheel brake system with your foot will enhance safety. No wonder why this unit is called the best lightweight stroller for travel!
The BOB Revolution SE offers various types of storage systems. It has two pockets including a seat-back pocket and a hanging basket. The basket is used to store anything from bottles to snacks, wallets or keys. This company provides a 5 years’ limited warranty on frames and a limited warranty of one year on small parts and the fabrics used.
The Features –
- Maclaren Volo Festival Stroller is suitable for children of 6 months or more. It weighs 9.5lbs which can extend up to 55lbs.
- It has a breathable all-mesh seat that can be removed and washed with a machine.
- The UPF+50 hood is resistant to UV rays and water. The apron has bigger pockets for extra storage. It also includes oversized and easily accessible shopping basket, wind-resistant rain cover and carrying strap.
If you are going along the New York subway, you will definitely see at least one Maclaren Volo stroller. The easy folding option (generally folds to 13.5″x 11″x 41″), user-friendly foam-gripped handles and built-in carrying strap has made it popular very quickly. City dwellers find this stroller very useful especially when hanging out with their kids. The robust aluminum chassis makes it very light so that you can easily push it with one hand and run it without extra effort.
The handle of this stroller is 41 inches long, so people of any height can easily control its movement. As the seat does not lean, it is very comfortable for children of 6 months or older. However, the seat slightly reclines where it is positioned. You may want your kid to take a nap while you are on a long trip or in a museum for hours. The Maclaren Volo stroller can be modified to a model that includes seat reclining and leg rest facility. It also includes features such as- space for taller children, fitted rain cover (no need to pay extra for it) and bearing capacity up to 55lbs.
The Features –
- Chicco Keyfit Caddy Stroller is specially designed to adjust with Chicco Keyfit Infant car seat.
- When the key fit is attached correctly, an audible clicking sound is heard. It ensures secured lock.
- The Premium strollers include ultra-light anodized aluminum frame. It can be easily folded with one hand.
- It fits key fit 22 and 30.
The Keyfit Caddy is specially designed for the rated Keyfit Infant Car Seat. It is a perfect addition to Chicco baby gear collection. Attachment to the car seat is very easy and quick with a secured click. This is car seat carrier that was developed for the Cortina Travel System. Parents always expect a safe and secured journey with their kids during the busy days. The Chicco stroller features an aluminum frame, 4 position height adjustable handle, compact one hand fold and a large expandable basket. It makes the journey comfortable and relaxing even when your baby is on his first month. It also includes features like- all wheel suspension, full featured parent tray and toe-tap locking brakes.
The Features –
- It is one of the famous and enduring lightweight travel strollers from Maclaren.
- It comes with a strong frame and well-designed handles.
- You can fold it quickly and a rain cover would be given as a bonus item.
The unique characteristic of Maclaren Triumph stroller is its longevity. You can use this stroller from 3 months up to 4 years old kids though it is recommended to use the stroller for babies over 6 months or older. The reclining of seats can cause harm to your infant’s backbone so it is better not to use it during his infancy. Triumph’s frame is somewhat heavy but it includes longer legs, greater weights, and taller bodies of older children. The strong frame and well-designed handles let parents easily push the stroller with older children than many other Maclaren models. It folds quickly with one hand and includes a shoulder strap like Volo. The additional feature is the multi-position of reclined seats for your toddler’s comfort. It can bear weights up to 55lbs. The Triumph has a narrower overhead canopy making it fold somewhat smaller than the Volo strollers. It allows smoother ride with its full 5″ diameter wheels. You will get a rain cover with this stroller. It generally folds to 10.5″ x 9.5″ x 42″ and weighs 11.5 lbs.
The Features –
- It can be connected to any infant car seats with Graco click.
- It is convenient for moms to fold with just one hand.
- The lightweight and hearty frame ensures easy carrying.
- This is a comfortable stroller for children up to 55lbs.
- Graco has deluxe and comfortable seats that include multi-positioned reclining seats for baby’s comfort.
Graco’s new stroller is unique in design and can be folded in just one second. It includes a lightweight frame, fast folding option and multi-position reclining seats and an extra-large storage basket. The designs and features of all Graco products offer great maneuverability and lifetime. These lightweight strollers have excellent portability function. You can take your baby in this stroller while going for a walk in the park or around the neighborhood. The full-size Graco strollers are luxurious and can be easily folded. They are equipped with big storage basket and cup-holders.
Graco manufactures double strollers that provide more comfort with extra space for babies at their four. Graco is a Newell Rubbermaid Company which is producing baby-care accessories for over half-century. Their success indicates the quality of the products. They always provide top-quality products to their customers and pay heed to the needs of babies and parents. Graco is a well-known brand for their creative ideas and innovative baby swings, high chairs, car seats, travel systems and many more!
The Features –
- This lightweight stroller is the bestseller item and parents love it massively.
- It is a sturdy and durable stroller with a low-flat reclining system.
- It has ‘flip out’ sun visor, shoulder strap, and auto-lock folding capacity.
The Summer Infant 3D Lite is a sturdy and durable stroller designed for virtually low-flat recline that is hardly found in other strollers. Due to this feature, it can be used for babies from birth without any need of infant car seats that other strollers need. The seat is padded for more comfort and the sun visor has includes another ‘flip out’ sun visor. The shoulder strap and auto-lock folding facility will make the travelling simpler and relaxing.
However, it is recommended not to bring this stroller in the cobblestone areas (the wheels cannot withstand the roughness of the ground due to being less durable). But the Summer Infant 3D Lite is best for light-duty travels. It can be folded to a size measuring 41″ x 10″ x 9″ and suitable from birth to 50 lbs. The basic weight is 12lbs.
The Features –
- Britax’s strollers can bear weight from birth to 55 pounds.
- It can be folded easily with one hand.
- The three wheel design ensures better steering and maneuverability.
- It includes an adjustable 5-point harness and a head pad having reflective bindings. There is no re-threading in this stroller.
The B-Agile is a compact and lightweight stroller that offers one-hand, quick-fold design and on/off chassis lock. This is an on-the-go travel system developed by BRITAX CLICK and GO system. The B-Agile stroller allows the BRITAX CHAPERONE and B-SAFE Infant Car Seats without the help of adapters. But if you use BRITAX Infant Car Seat adapter (purchased separately), your stroller will be compatible with almost all the major brand’s infant car seats. The seat is supported by padding and includes a 5-point harness system with an adjustable head pad. The head pad does not need rethreading or unhooking of any straps.
The B-Agile can withstand weights from birth up to 55lbs and provides an infinite reclining facility. The stroller is equipped with an extra-large canopy with a mesh ventilation window. It helps you to see your baby’s face through the window. The suspension system ensures a comfortable ride for your baby and the swiveled front wheel increases maneuverability. Both the rear wheels can be locked with a single step at once. The padded handle, zippered pocket on the back of the seat and large under seat storage facilities of B-Agile are appreciated by consumers. This stroller also includes BRITAX CLICK and GO infant car seat receivers.
The Features –
- This stroller features easy one-hand folding option within seconds.
- The frame is made of lightweight aluminum (total weight 16.5lbs) which makes B-Agile more durable and light for easy carriage.
- It is equipped with an integrated click and go adapter that helps connect to the Britax infant seats quickly and authentically.
The Britax B-Agile 3 is a lightweight, durable and easy-to-fold stroller that directs the modern world. The one-hand easy fold design let you use it conveniently and the 3 wheel system with swiveling front wheels keep the stroller on track no matter how tough the surface is. Children from infancy to older age can comfortably enjoy sitting in this stroller due to the 5-point quick-adjust harness and infinite reclining option.
The B-Agile also features an extra large canopy to save your kid from sun heat or light rain. It weighs only 16.5lbs making the carriage more easy and smooth. As the B-Agile is clicked, it can be attached to the Britax infant car seats for making it an ideal travel system. It does not matter whether you are in the urban area or in your neighborhood, this stroller will help you experience a smooth, stylish transportation with much ease.
Should you travel with a stroller?
If you have children from 6months to 4/5 years old and you want a family hangout, then take a stroller. It is also an effective accessory if you are going on a long drive or a road trip. But in case you are travelling by plane, it can be slightly complicated.
- Stroller helps you by offering an easy transport of the kids. They will assist you to push them around. If you are travelling through Asia, the footpaths are generally crowdie and not suitable for strollers either. So, you will find it useless in those places and also in the zoos and theme parks.
- When you are in a long tiring trip, your child may relax sitting in the stroller. This is truly a great advantage.
- If you can make your kid’s comfortable sitting arrangements, you will be able to spend more time walking or visiting museums. Strollers will help you through this.
- It relieves you from carrying them at your back. It was tiresome.
- Using only a carrier is tough in hot places.
- The shoulder straps get your hands free so that your journey becomes simple and comfortable.
- Carrying a stroller can be problematic when you have to keep it on top of the ordinary luggage. It becomes pathetic for travelers and tourists who come with large backpacks along with a stroller. They find it difficult to move from one place to another with huge luggage along with that stroller. They have to take taxies and pay more than usual even to go to nearby places.
- Travelers face difficulties while flying with a stroller.
Bottom Line – Do you need to buy a stroller especially for travel?
The decision of buying the best lightweight stroller for travel depends on whether you have one or not. If you have a lightweight and foldable stroller suitable for travelling, you should not spend money on it. But in case you use a heavy and full-featured stroller at home, you might think of getting a new one that is lightweight and portable. If you are travelling by car, make sure the stroller fits in the car along with the luggage.
One important thing to consider while flying is the stroller may break during the checking. If your current stroller is big and costly, you may buy another which costs less money and is smaller in size. The most suitable travelling strollers are lightweight and feature great portability. You may think of buying a stroller that worth 30 pounds, but it will give you pain while taking it onto buses or storing in compact places. Thus, it is recommended to buy a stroller (if you have not bought any) that is lightweight, easily foldable and storable. It will relieve you from the confusion of buying or not buying.
There is an alternate way to drive out your confusion. You can easily buy a stroller after reaching your destination. After using it throughout the whole trip, you can leave it behind while getting back to home. Just make sure the stroller is cheap yet provides effective facilities. Finally, I hope you have enjoyed reading the lightweight travel stroller reviews. So, don’t waste any more time by buying average strollers. Always remember that quality is important and your child needs it most!