We only want the best for our babies. Aside from crib, babies will consume many hours in mattress. Mattress are intended to support and give comfort that we need to rest and relax. Babies need them as well. There are many kind of baby mattress available. These are foam, coil spring, pocketed spring, dual core, natural fibre and hypoallergenic mattress.
You need to consider lots of factors before buying a baby mattress. Baby will be spending a lot of their time in their crib. The mattress is as significant as the crib, and we suggest purchasing the premium one you can. Among the factors you need to consider are:
- Size- Mattress should not be too small or too big. Mattress needs to fit securely in the crib. If the size of the mattress is not fit on the frame of the crib, it could cause oxygen deprivation and could be an entrapment hazard. The thickness of a crib must be at most 6 inches and according to law, the size of a crib mattress should be at least 27 ¼ inches by 51 5/8 inches.
- Firm- The surface of the mattress must be firm. The firmer the mattress is the better it is for the baby. If the surface is too soft, it may follow a shape of the baby and it may also cause suffocation. According to the reports of consumers, you may try to test the firmness of the mattress. If you press the center and the edges of the mattress, it should not conform to your hand’s shape and it should readily snap back.
- Cover- Mattress’s cover must be durable. For water resistant mattress, look for a double or triple coated marking protected with nylon. This structure is also more resilient to holes, wet diapers and tears. Those who have cotton covers considered as organic mattress.
- Enough Venting- If a mattress has plenty of opening holes, it will smell better and it will let odors escape. Look for a mattress which has small opening holes on the sides that allow air flow inside and out.
- Certified- Baby crib mattress must meet the security criteria well-defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials and CPSC. Mattresses which are organic are approved as organic using the standard of the Global Organic Textile.
Let us take a look at the best Mattress for Newborn Baby available in 2016.
Baby’s safety is the number one priority of Safety 1st. For the price of $52.99, Safety 1st is the best mattress for newborn as it provides firm support because of its high density thermos-bonded core. The size of this crib mattress is 52.5 x 27.5 x 5.5 inches. It is durable and lightweight for long-term use. The vinyl cover of this mattress is wipes clean and is resistant to water. The well-made cover is also resistant to baby’s tear and it also repels the odors and stains. It is also free of lead, phthalates and most of all it is the mattress is hypoallergenic. Further, it fits the toddler beds and cribs with a standard size. The Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams White Crib Mattress is a GREENGUARD GOLD certified. It meets the specifications for low chemical productions and it provides the safest and best sleeping atmosphere for your baby. Indeed, this is one of the best mattress for newborn baby from Safety 1st in the market today.
The best mattress for newborn baby from Dream On is the one that is made with workmanship and excellent materials. This mattress is created with pleasure in United States of America. Dream On Me Spring Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress offers 80 strong, heat tempered, interwoven, steel spirals providing the highest relaxation to upkeep our baby’s developing bones. For a price of $39.99, you will get a very durable mattress. The size of this crib mattress is 52″ X 27″ X 6″. It will not cause any allergic reaction because the foam has protecting layer and lock-stitched impermeable binding for long-term sturdiness and a coating of Fire blocker. The mattress can be clean using wipes and by using water and mild soap only. The design is also reversible so mothers may choose between white side or the brown cloud print. Further, the Dream On Me mattress meets the 16 CFR 1632 /1633 Federal Flammability Standards. It has a 10 year restricted warranty in contrary to the manufacturer’s shortcomings and materials.
Kolcraft is excellent on creating a caring and easy to clean cushions that most of the parents have depended on for span of years. The Kolcraft Cozy Soft portable crib mattress is confidently created in United States of America. For the price of $26.88, Kolcraft Cozy Soft portable crib mattress is a steady but comfortable mattress that can fit in a mini or portable crib. The size of this crib mattress is 38″ x 24″ x 2.5″. The construction is hand-crafted and secured waterproof binding stitch which avoids accidents from leaking inside the mat whenever the baby is moving. This also makes an additional hygienic exterior and lifelong internal cushioning. Also, the covered, resistant to tear and impermeable printed cover wipes clean with just the use of water and soap. The water-resistant binding preserves fluids out which aids to avoid mold and bacteria growth. The impenetrable hypoallergenic light fabric built from synthetic fibers coating is strong yet so soft so the baby has a relaxing exterior. With its price and quality, this is one of my personal choices in terms of the best mattress for newborn baby.
The best mattress for newborn baby that you can use does not need to be costly. For as low as $52.99, you can get one that is a great value and that can provide the greatest relaxation and security that you want for your beloved baby. Buying the best mattress is very important for parents. The reason why parents spend money for mattress is that they want their babies to have a very secure and comfortable sleep. They want their babies to rest and relax comfortably.