What is the best baby play yard for your little one? Despite being a full time mom, there are times when we still need to leave our little one to do some things. Even going on a quick bio break would means leaving your little one hence before doing so, why not put him in a playpen first.
Before rushing to the nearest shopping mall to get he best play yard for babies, it is important to read some “baby play yard reviews first and get an idea of the best play pen there is. A play pen or play yard is not just an box that will serve as your little one’s box that will keep them from falling, it can serve as their own place too – no one gets inside their play yards but them!
Reasons in Purchasing a Play Yard
The best baby play yard can:
- give you peace of mind
- Keep your baby safe from falling when alone
- Be their place where they can play without the need of constant supervision
- Can be their place to sleep at noon
- Can help you rest carrying your little one
Play yards versus play pens?
Both of them were actually created for the same reason although play yards are considered as the updated version of play pen. The best play yards for babies are more preferred by most moms today as compared to play pens because:
- Play yards have more features like bassinets and sleeping mats
- Play yards has changing tables
- Play yards have shelves
- Play yards have organizers
- Play yards are like nurseries but smaller
Best Play Yards for Babies below $50
Among the favorite brands in different baby play yard reviews I have seen is Graco. Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard is one of the cheapest play yard I have seen so far at $42.88. Despite its price, you can trust this Graco product to be durable and can stand your baby’s high jumps without falling.
This is the best baby play yard for me under the $50 mark because of its automatic folding feet. The feet also come with wheels for easy transportation when assembled. If you don’t want to push though, you can just fold. The frames are durable despite being foldable. If you love to spend a day outside with the family and baby, you can do so, just bring this compact play yard and put him in there while you are cooking barbecue. How to fold it? By a push of the button! With Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard, your baby can be comfortable now regardless of where the family is. The kit comes with a travel bag where you can put it when folded. Easy to transport too!
Cosco doesn’t often appear on baby play yard reviews but with its price and durability, I don’t see any reason why we should not include it in ours. The Cosco Funsport Play Yard that has a tag price of $51.99 is one of the cheapest in the market today yet it already offers everything there is to offer for a good play yard.
The Cosco Funsport Play Yard comes with a roomy play yard and is enclosed with mesh materials so you can still see your baby while she is playing around. The floor is padded to make it comfortable for baby to sit and lie on it or stand while holding on the sides. If you need to travel and needs a play yard in that new location, this play yard can go with you because it can be folded. When folded, Cosco Funsport Play Yard can be compact and light weight. It comes with a travel bag to make transporting it a lot easier. When assembled, it has four wheels to make moving easier and behold, assembling it only takes a few minutes too. Considering its affordability, there is no doubt that this is one of the best play yard for babies.
Best Play Yards for Babies below $100
One of the best baby play yards from Summer Infant is their $61.11 Pop ‘n Play Portable Playard. If you are a family that loves spending time outdoor as much as indoor, this freestanding and portable play yard is the best choice for you. It stands at 14 square feet with a height of 26 inches and a width of 48 inches. This foldable play yard can be assembled in a few minutes and can be folded as fast as well. The floor is made of weather resistant canvass while the surrounding materials are made of mesh so you can still see your little one while playing inside. The whole kit comes with a compact bag where you can store it during travels. With Summer Infant Pop ‘n Play Portable Playard, you can now leave your baby playing with his toys inside or outside your home. Truly, this is one of the best play yard for babies in the market today.
What is the best baby play yard around the $80 range? The answer is Regalo’s Super Wide Gate and Play Yard! At $79.99, you get a real large play yard for your little one and his friends. This play yard from Regalo can enclose a distance of 19 sq. feet with its 8 removable panels and parts. If you have a large and long wall, you can use this to cover that wall and make a mounted gate that can cover up to 192 inches long. All of the materials for the panels are made of steel that are durable and foldable. These materials are also light. Aside from using it as play yard for your little one, you can use it to make a gate enclosure for your pets too. Most baby play yard reviews include Regalo Super Wide Gate and Play Yard on their list because it is Juvenile Product Association Certified. The whole package if delivered can weigh up to 30 pounds and it has a dimension of 29 x 28 x 10 inches. Parents who purchased their very own Regalo Super Wide Gate and Play Yard appreciates its generous size, durable materials and easy to set up design.
One of the best baby play yard below the $100 mark is North States Superyard Colorplay that is known for its colorful materials. This play yard costs $109.99 and it can enclose a space of up to 34 square feet. This play yard consists of 8 panels covered in different brilliant colors. When standing, it is 26 inches high. The bottom of the panels has non-slip pads making it cement and floor friendly. When set up, it won’t even leave a mark on your floor. It is also weather resistant so yes, you can bring it outside during barbecue parties and July 14th parties. The design of this play yard allows easy cleaning. The total weight of this product if ordered online is 26 pounds and it has a dimension of 2 x 256 x 26 inches. Parents who bought this item are happy with its colorful design and its size. A mother of two even said that the size is more than enough for her two kids to play. For its price and quality, I can say that this is one of the best play yards for babies from North States.
Fisher-Price is known for its great baby products and accessories and for their best play yard for babies product, the Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard is a sure winner. For a price of $86.40, this Fisher-Price play yard will surely keep your baby safe and entertained all day long so you can free to have a time for yourself and do some quick errands.
According to different baby play yard reviews that include this Fisher-Price product, the Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard is a winner because of the following features:
- It has a changing station, a built in one that can be used anytime, it is portable and removable
- It has an inclined sleeper that is removable in case you want to just remove it or wash it
- It is a play yard with mesh cover for your baby’s protection
- It is lightweight at 15 lbs.
- It is foldable so you can bring it anywhere without carrying a fully set-up play yard
- It is easy to set up and easy to fold when needed
Best Play Yards for Babies above $100
What is the best baby play yard that is just above the $100 mark? I would say the $109.99 Giantex 8 Panel Play Center Safety Yard Pen Baby Kids Playpen is a good choice because it has a lot to offer.
Why I consider this play yard as the best play yards for babies?
- This is a play yard that you can use for your babies while they are learning to stand and walk until they are old enough
- This play yard s good for toddlers and children
- The package comes with activity boards such as picture house, a play phone, a spinning ball
- This play yard comes with a door that is kept closed by hinges and it has a lock
- The entire play yard is made of 8 panels that can be interchanged. You can use 4 or 6 if you want a smaller play yard
- It is made of PE materials
- It is recommended for children up to 4 years of age
- USA made
What is the best baby play yard above the $100 mark from Onebigoutlet? That would be their Baby Playpen Kids 8 Panel Safety Play Center Yard for only $119.99. Why do I prefer this play yard as compared to other brands?
- The eight panels can be set up differently or with less panel to make the play yard smaller
- The package comes with 8 panels plus picture house, play phone and spinning balls
- The play yard is alrge enough at 74 inches
- The materials used in making this play yard are friendly to the environment and to your baby because they are BPA and LEAD free
- The design of the play yard is baby friendly
- The door has lock
- The 8 panels are interchangeable so you can make adjustment depending on the type of play yard you are trying to set up
With these features, it is no surprise that Onebigoutlet Baby Playpen Kids 8 Panel Safety Play Center Yard is one of the best play yards for babies in the market today.
The best play yards for babies from Best Choice Products are their $125.43 Baby Playpen with 8 panels. This play yard comes with a picture house and plays telephone plus ball spinners. It also has a door with a lock. The door can be open and closed easily because it is a swinging hinge. With play yards, the idea is to get your baby moving on their own, practicing and learning mobility without someone helping them. You just have to watch them while they are playing but you don’t need to touch and direct them. Play yards is a way for babies to learn on their own while parents watch and do their own things. This is what Best Choice wants babies to learn from playing in their play yards. Best Choice Products Baby Playpen is one of my best baby play yards because it is not for babies and toddlers alone but it can be used up to 4 years of age. With its durability, there is no need to buy a new play yard for your next kids too.
The ultimate play yard from Superbuy is the $109.99 Superbuy’s Goplus New Baby Blue Playpen Kids. This play yard has eight panels to give your kid a large playing area. This is one of the best baby play yards in the $100 mark because of its 8 panels that can be erected as a playing ground for toddlers and children. The price doesn’t just include the play yard, it also comes with activity board, picture house, spinning balls and play phone. This 8-panel play yard can cover 74 inches of playground for your little one. The panels measures 31” W x 23.5” H thickness and weigh 35 pounds. As a bonus, there is also a play pan included. What I liked about this play yard is the material used in creating it – all naturals and non-toxic. The door also comes with a lock so you can leave the kids inside without worries that they will go out and play somewhere else in the room or go outside. It is my best baby play yards for baby because of its removable panels hence if I want a smaller play yard, I can just remove a panel or two.
What to look for before paying for the best baby play yards
Now that you already have an idea of how a play yard works and how much it costs, here are some of the things that you need to check before paying for the play yard that suits your baby’s needs.
- The portability – how portable is your chosen play yard? Can you carry it around like if you are going to have a day in the park? Can you transport it easily and set it up easily? There are play yards that are large yet compact when folded so figure out how you will use it and buy one accordingly.
- Does it have a bassinet? – A bassinet or a cradle is one of the things that most play yards have and play pens don’t. Having a play yard with a bassinet can be convenient especially if you love going outdoors. After playing, you can set it up so your little one can sleep.
- The wheels – does your chosen best play yard for babies come with a wheel? Wheels can be conveniently used when moving around so if you are an outdoor family who loves being in the park or loves camping, a play yard with wheels is very convenient to have.
- Additional add-ons like toys and lights – babies are very intrigued when seeing colorful toys or hearing wonderful melodies. Does your chosen best baby play yard have these features?
- Storage options – most play yards are like strollers, it comes with storage and cup handles so if you are looking for the best play yards for babies, check out these features. Having a storage area where you can put some extra diaper and milk definitely helps even if you are just at home.
- Canopy – for outdoor activities, having a play yard with a canopy is a big thing because you won’t have to worry about your baby’s situation anymore. Leave him in a place where you can see him all the time and just put on the canopy to protect him from the sun. Most play yards have canopies so with the best play yard for babies; you can leave your baby to play without worries.
Play yards were developed to give parents a time for themselves knowing that their little ones are in a good and safe place. With play pens, your baby won’t get bored anymore because he’s got a lot of things to do inside his play pen. Add some stuff toys and keep him busy inside the best play yard for babies that you got while you do you stuff like cooking and cleaning!