As your child gets older and gains more weight, he will go through many car seats. When it comes time to change from a child restraint seat to a booster seat, i.e. when your child is at least 40 pounds and 4 years old, you might start wondering which is the best toddler booster seat to buy.
It is good to get a car seat which has been tested especially by the Highway Safety to be sure that the booster is safe for your angel.
The Top 5 Best Toddler Booster Seat
Here are some of the best toddler booster seat reviews
This is one of the best toddler booster seat that is designed for children ages 3 and 10 years and weighing between 30 and 100 pounds and a height of between 38 inches and 57 inches tall. It offers Energy absorbing foam, EPS and it has a fully adjustable headrest. This will make your baby to ride in safety and comfort. It offers 5 different color schemes thus you have an option to choose which one will match well with your car’s interior. It has an adjustable armrest, it is padded, and has two retractable cup holders. It is lightweight thus making it easy and convenient to install. The open loop belt guides place the seat belt in the correct position, across the shoulder and chest, and not the neck or face, and across the lap, and not the stomach. Once the baby is at least 40 pounds and 40 inches tall, you can conveniently convert the high back booster into a backless booster seat. It comes in two models; the Elite and the original. The elite offers come with additional comfort by offering a plush seat pad as well as full coverage back support. It meets or exceeds all the safety standards of the US and it is one of the top rated booster car seats for babies.
Why Buy It
It is rated best bet by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). It converts to a backless intended or a child weighing 40 to 100 pounds with a height limit of 40 inches. It is Highly rated by leading consumer publications and magazines. Energy absorbing foam, EPS designed for effective impact energy management. Rigorous crash tested and meets or exceed the US safety standards. Height adjustable headrest with padding. It weighs 9 pounds, making it to be one of the lightweight booster seats. Padded adjustable armrest and hides away cup holders keeping kids smiling. Open loop belt guides help to correctly position your vehicle’s seat belt. Dual retractable cup holders on each side. Safety surround Side Impact Protection which grows with your child at each stage, offering the best body and head protection. Easily converts to a backless booster for years of use. Designed with the comfort and style that kids love.
It is one of the best toddler booster seats, which has peg like adjustments on the back of the seat. You only have to pull the peg out to adjust then put it back in the hole at the right height. The tallest belt, a height is 22.5 inches and the seat easily converts from a high back to a backless mode. You need a vehicle headrest all the time baby is riding in this booster. If you don’t have headrest in your car, this is not the booster for you then. It has a high side impact wing and this makes it one of the best booster for a sleeping toddler.
This booster can work great in a three across with quite a few seats. It is a recommended booster seat when space is an issue and three across is needed. It is recommended for children between the weights of 30 lbs and 100 lbs with a height of between 34 inches and 57 inches
Why Buy It
It can convert to a backless booster. An Advanced Side Impact Protection air protection which protects immediately by reducing the forces of the impact on the side through precise releaseof air. Slide out cup holder on either side. Adjustable head rest. It is made in the USA.
This is an extended usage design which has a 5 point harness and larger seat so it can grow with the baby to be used as a booster seat. It is stylish and your baby will feel the excitement of a super car with every trip you make with him. It comes with easy to install connectors, padded covers, and one handed harness adjustment straps for maximum comfort. It is a contoured seat shell which has two position recline is shaped to support child’s legs and spine in comfort, even when you are on long trips.
This is one of the best toddler booster seat which has a patented 2 crotch strap positions which can adjust in length to accommodate the growing child. It has a headrest that can adjust in three different positions to make you have maximum value for your money. It has dual cup holders which fit most of the sippy cups and have an open bottom design which will not collect loose objects that might be hazardous. The deeper seat and deeper surrounding headrest provide superior side impact protection. This means that your child will be embraced by safety. It is a car which has been tested for side impact protection, making it one of the best toddler booster seat.
Why Buy It
It has wrap around headrest. It is easy to install latch connectors. It has high impact thermoplastic shell. It has a removable and machine washable cover. The extended 5 point harness can fit an infant at least 22 pounds, up to 65 pounds to keep them safer, long with a height range of between 29 inches and 52 inches respectively. It has a built in guides which positions the vehicle’s seat belts for a correct fit. It is equipped with large density, the EPS foam which absorbs energy and provide greater protection. It comes with patented two position crotch strap which stretches out to make sure it fits the growing child.
It has an automatic width and height adjustment that lets it grow with your child. It also comes with a new air ventilation system for comfort even on hot days. It boasts of features such as a patented reclining headrest which is designed to prevent heads rolling forward when the child is asleep and also offers extra side impact protection. This is one of the best toddler booster seat which is ready for use straight from the box. With or without an Isofix, you can use the three point seat belt in the same way to secure your child. It comes with the guides on how to strap and they are easy and straightforward. The added ventilation is visible too, making it a comfortable seat on hot days. The car is a bit heavy weight, weighing 7.1 kgs.
If you use the car quite often for long journeys, then this is a good value for money. It is a wide car seat booster and it gets wider as the child grows due to the increase in width and height.
Why Buy It
It has a 7 year life span from the manufacture date. It is recommended for children with a weight capacity of between 33 lbs and 100 lbs and maximum height limit is 60 inches tall. It is a high back booster seat and it cannot work without its back. It has a guide for the maximum shoulder belt height of 19.75 inches. It has 11 position height with adjustable headrest. It has a lower anchor guide on how to access the deeply embedded anchors. It has LATCH connectors on the lower part which are very rigid, which fits varying heights while rotating. It has very thick energy absorbing EPS foam which is accumulated in the headrest, in the armrest and torso wings for maximum side impact protection. It has a 3 position reclining headrest.
Get this booster and you will have gotten the best toddler booster seat. It can be used in both high back and backless modes. When you remove it out of the box, it comes in separate pieces and to use it in high back mode, the back must be attached. You have to tilt the booster back at an angle, and slide the right side of the back into the bottom portion of the seat.
Then you just have to connect to the other side and they will be connected firmly. The headrest must be adjusted to fit the child, placing the red belt guide at or just above their shoulder.
To do this, you just have to push the button at the base of the headrest post and pull it up.
Here are tips to guide you on how to go about buying the best toddler booster seat.
- Don’t Be in A rush To Switch: If your child is 4 years and hasn’t hit the weight limit for restraint seat, it is best to let him be. There are several restraint seats, which have a higher weight limit to allow babies to stay there for quite a long time, even past their 4th But if you have a 3 year old who has already hit the weight limit of a restraint seat, then the sooner you make the switch, the better.
- You have an option between the backless and a high back booster: If you happen to go for a high back, they tend to position the shoulder belt well as compared to the backless due to the fact that they have a shoulder belt routing guide. The high back is also a good choice if your car doesn’t have a headrest in the back seat. In case you are working on a budget, the backless are the ones to go for as they are affordable. Make sure you look for a backless which has a clip that can help to ensure that the shoulder belt stays in position, at the right spot. The backless also have a better lap belt placement
- Check out the fit: It is important to test the seat before starting to use it with baby. Go to those stores which allow parents to test before buying. The main purpose of a booster is to grow with your baby so that the adult safety belt fits well and protects him in case of a crash. The lap belt shouldn’t fall on the abdomen, but across the upper thigh. When you apply it that way, the force of the crash will be absorbed across the bones of the pelvis and not the soft tissues of the stomach, as they are vulnerable to internal injuries. The belt on the shoulder across the middle and fit snugly and it shouldn’t be too close to the neck and shouldn’t fall off the shoulder either.
- Spend Wisely: It does not necessarily mean that a higher priced booster is the best toddler booster seat. Seats like Graco Backless is one of the boosters which will work well in most cars yet it is affordable.
- Don’t stress out: Don’t go buying a seat before you test it. It might be suggested in Amazon reviews that it works well with all cars, but it is important to test it in your car first to see how well it works. Your child safety should be the priority here.
Get a booster for your baby that will be comfortable, especially when you are cruising for longer hours. Safety and comfortability should come first when you are out there looking for the best toddler booster seat for your child. Go through the reviews above and check out what others, those who have once used the seat, are talking about it. Don’t be in a rush to buy, take your time and go for the best and that which has value for your money.