It can be very troublesome for busy parents to repeatedly change their baby’s seat from the stroller to the car. The best travel system strollers provide a solution to this problem. A travel system usually consists of a stroller frame and a removable seat. The stroller’s seat can be replaced with a bassinet or car seat that can be easily moved from the stroller to the car.
Wherever you’re headed, near or far, your baby’s travel system should not be the source of any tension. To make a good purchase, you need to choose a reliable and sturdy stroller with a good carrier/car seat. Do not pick a stroller that is too heavy or too big because it will be hard to carry. An ideal stroller should be lightweight, safe, and interchangeable among other things. So, don’t waste any more time – scroll down to find great travel system strollers and their specifications. I hope my honest reviews and insights will help you choose a good stroller for your baby!
Travel System Strollers Comparison Table
Our Best Travel System Stroller Reviews
Travel systems for babies have become very popular because parents don’t have to watch over baby all the time. A travel system keeps baby safe and comfortable in the same seat without the need to move around constantly. A travel system is a great addition to the must-haves-for-baby list. Here are some useful reviews on the top rated travel system strollers to help you make an intelligent choice.
Baby Trend EZ-Ride 5 Travel System, Carpri
The Features –
- The infant car seat is suitable for babies weighing 5-30 lbs and up to 30″ tall.
- A large soft head support is included for the stroller or the car seat.
- The seat can be reclined in multiple positions for baby’s comfort.
- The height can be easily adjusted with a handle.
- The travel system is equipped with a large storage basket and can be folded with one hand.
- The covered parent tray has two deep cup holders.
- There is a movable tray for baby’s snacks and drinks.
- The stroller has a 5-point safety harness and is protected by a padded cover.
The Baby Trend EZ-Ride 5 in Carpri is a great travel system for parents. It includes a fixed back infant car seat equipped with the EZ Flex-Loc stay-in-the-car base. Offering superior maneuverability than conventional travel systems, the EZ Ride Stroller with its highly-rated Flex-Loc infant seat is a top choice of discerning parents. To ensure the safety and security of your baby, the stroller and car seat are padded with a 5-point harness system.
The EZ Ride-5 Stroller includes a luxurious padded seat with multiple reclining positions, a large and soft head support compatible with both the car seat and stroller, a parent tray with two deep cup holders, a height controlling handle, and a canopy with a peek-a-boo window.
The car seat is made of EPS energy-absorbing foam that provides extra support and protection. The car seat is equipped with the EZ Flex-Loc system and padded with a 5-point harness to keep your baby secure. A base is included for easy installation of the stroller in your car. The rear facing car seat is suitable for babies weighing from 5 to 30 pounds and with a height of up to 30″. The base is installed either by latch clips or the automobile’s seat belt. All these features make this stroller one of the best baby stroller travel systems on the market.
Baby Trend Expedition LX Travel System, Millennium
The Features –
- The Expedition LX travel system includes a jogging stroller and Flex Lock 30 infant car seat.
- The Expedition LX Jogger’s front wheel can be locked while you run or jog and can be swiveled for increased maneuverability.
- The stroller comes with a large storage basket, a wide adjustable canopy, and trays for baby and you.
- The Flex-Loc 30 infant car seat can hold children weighing 5 to 30 pounds and up to 30″ tall.
- The Flex-Loc car seat can be adjusted and reclined according to the height of your toddler.
The front wheel of the stroller can be locked in position when you go for a jog. At other times, the swiveling feature of the front wheel provides great maneuverability. The wheel includes a quick release mechanism for easy storage in small spaces. The wheels are designed to run on all types of terrain. There are two trays in the stroller. The parent tray has 2 beverage holders and the child tray can be used as a covered storage space. The stroller’s large storage basket is generous enough to store everything necessary when baby is out and about. The extra wide push handle is comfortable to use. The large canopy and covered sunroof ratchets to protect your baby from the sun, wind, and dust. It is foam padded for comfort and designed so that it can be adjusted depending on baby’s height. The stroller’s seat has multiple reclining positions and is padded for comfort with a 5-point safety harness system. The tether strap ensures easy carriage and the reflectors on the footrest provide visibility in low light conditions.
The Expedition LX features compact folding for easy storage. It can be used for children weighing up to 50 lbs with a height up to 42″. On the other hand, the Flex-Loc 30 infant car seat is suitable for babies weighing from 5 to 30 lbs and up to 30″ tall. The stroller comes with useful and essential features such as the 5-point safety harness system, one-hand harness adjustment facility, push-button release, and a 4-position push-button height adjustable base with level indicators for easy installation. The Flex-Loc car seat is padded with EPS energy-absorbing foam to protect your baby’s head. The pads and inserts are easy to wash. The carrying handles make it easy to transport baby. The Flex-Lock infant car seat can be easily removed from the car seat base and attached to the stroller to save time. The travel system provides an incredibly smooth ride for baby. The stroller can also be used as a jogger with older children in the stroller seat.
Britax 2014 B-Agile and B-Safe Travel System, Black
The Features –
- The Britax 2014 B-Agile Stroller can accommodate babies from birth to 55 lbs.
- It features a quick-fold design that be accomplished with one hand.
- The stroller includes an adjustable 5-point safety harness system and head pad with reflective binding and also offers a no re-threading option.
- The B-Safe can hold babies weighing up to 30 lbs and keeps baby safe and comfortable in the first year of life.
- The B-Safe’s advanced protection system is fabricated to withstand vehicle intrusion and crash forces.
The Britax 2014 B-Agile and B-Safe Travel System, Black is one of the best rated stroller travel systems you can buy. This claim is supported by its many useful features. The B-Agile stroller and B-Safe Infant Car Seat attach seamlessly to make it one of the lightest and most convenient travel systems on the market. This travel system provides a secure environment for a sleeping newborn baby with easy transport from the stroller to the car seat (and vice versa) with its integrated Britax Click-and-Go system. The stroller is luxurious, lightweight and can be folded easily with just one hand. It has a generous weight capacity of up to 55 lbs. The B-Agile stroller has a useful quick-fold design and weighs a mere 16.5 lbs. The Britax has gained popularity due to its high-tech B-Safe Infant Car Seat that adheres to the highest security standards. The B-Safe Infant Car Seat includes side and rear impact protection and an energy-absorbing foam liner, making it an industry leader.
The B-Agile stroller’s seat is padded for comfort with a 5-point harness system for safety. It also includes a head pad that can be conveniently adjusted without re-threading or unhooking any straps. The seat has several reclining positions and can be adjusted to baby’s comfort in accordance with the height and weight. You can carry babies right from birth all the way up to a weight of 55 lbs. The stroller has an extra-large canopy with a mesh ventilation window to allow baby and you to look at each other. The B-Safe Infant Car Seat is designed to be parent-friendly and features premium push-button latch connectors, a built-in lock system and a wide carry handle that makes the seat easy to install and carry. The complete travel system consists of a stroller, infant car seat, and the seat base.
Check out this video review by Missy Lanning of the Britax B-Agile:
Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller, Dragonfly
The Features –
- The Graco DuoGlider Classic is fabricated from imported plastic, polyester, and metal.
- It features a double stroller with a stadium-style seating arrangement, and this unique stroller comes with two Graco Classic Connect car seats.
- The stroller can be folded easily without bending and with only one hand, leaving the other hand free to attend to your baby.
- It can carry two children, each weighing up to 40 lbs. This double stroller has twin reclining seats, each with its own canopy.
- If you need to separate the two babies, the rear seat reclines to a completely flat position. This prevents injury while keeping their bodies balanced.
- The stroller features an extra-large storage basket and a convenient parent tray, so you never have to leave any essentials behind when you step out of the home.
The DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller is designed to meet the needs of a growing family. The stadium-style seating system is one of a kind. The child sitting in the rear seat can be raised to a slightly higher level for a better view. Parents never have to worry about leaving something essential behind. The stroller’s big basket and parent tray are roomy enough for everything you need when you’re on the go. The one-hand folding system is a useful feature offering functionality and convenience. All these thoughtful features make the DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller a great folding stroller for travel. The reclining seats, the child tray, the footrest, and the large canopy make it the perfect package! The stroller comes equipped with two Graco Classic Connect infant car seats that can be customized to suit your lifestyle. Carrying two children, each weighing up to 40 lbs, the seats are spacious and comfortable to keep babies happy. The rear seat can be reclined flat for baby’s comfort. The easily accessible extra-large basket has ample space for extra clothes and other essentials. The front wheel can be either locked or swiveled for increased maneuverability. So, if you’re thinking of traveling with your little bundles of joy, do not forget to take the DuoGlider Classic Connect stroller with you. It is sure to make your trip easier and more comfortable.
Graco Comfy Cruiser Click Connect Travel System, Stratus
The Features –
- The Graco Comfy Cruiser travel system comes equipped with the high-quality Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat to carry rear-facing infants weighing from 4 to 30 lbs and up to 32″ tall.
- The Click Connect system offers easy attachment of infant car seats to the stroller in just one quick step.
- The body support is compatible with both the stroller and the car seat.
- The reversible body support allows a choice between two stylish options on this stroller system.
- The easy-fold technology with its useful one-hand fold option leaves the other hand free for baby.
One of the best-known brands offering premium baby strollers, Graco prides itself on making the best stroller travel systems that anticipate your every need. The Graco Comfy Cruiser Click Connect Travel System is one such stroller. It comes with Graco’s high-quality SnugRide Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat that is designed to protect your child against sudden forces that could cause injury. The stroller can hold rear-facing infants weighing between 4 and 30 lbs and children up to a height of 30″. Another useful feature of this stroller is the Click Connect system that makes it incredibly easy to attach the stroller to the infant car seat securely in one easy step. The car seat itself is included with the stroller travel system, so both experienced and inexperienced parents can use it comfortably.
Graco’s stroller travel system includes a body support for use in either the car seat or the stroller to provide a comfortable ride for baby. The reversible body support system offers a choice between two stylish options for variation, and as your baby grows older, you can ask the child to choose, adding a fun element to the journey. The stroller’s padded, multi-position reclining seats create a safe and comfortable environment for baby. You can adjust the seat to the most comfortable position to keep baby happy, so you can enjoy your adventures together.
The features of the Graco Comfy Cruiser Click Control stroller are greatly appreciated by busy parents. The stroller’s parent tray includes two cup holders and the generous storage basket is roomy enough for all the essentials when your baby is on the go. Parents and baby can enjoy a walk with their favorite beverages on the tray. This lightweight stroller is convenient to carry and push while running or jogging as well. The under-seat storage basket keeps things out of reach from baby. The child tray features a built-in cup holder for baby’s favorite drink. It’s easy to put baby in and take baby out from the stroller. So, the Graco Comfy Cruiser Click Control is a sound investment and well worth your money!
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System, Papyrus
The Features –
- The Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System features three different modes that can be adapted to meet baby’s changing needs.
- The removable seat can be separated to transform the stroller into a stylish frame that works as a carrier for the KeyFit.
- The seats can be reclined in multiple positions and the wheels are equipped with an advanced suspension system with baby’s comfort in mind.
- The stroller features an easy one-hand folding system, auto-positioning wheels, and a self-standing compact folded option.
- The stroller comes equipped with a useful parent tray with large cup holders.
The Bravo Trio is the latest unique tri-modal travel system stroller from Chicco. It is innovatively designed and includes the highly rated Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat. The travel system offers three separate modes that can be selected to meet baby’s changing needs. The first mode is suitable for young infants. It features a lightweight Bravo stroller and a stylish car seat carrier. The canopy can be removed if it’s not needed to reveal a lightweight car seat. This feature is especially useful when baby is sleeping in the KeyFit infant seat. Once baby grows up and wants to stay in the KeyFit but also explore the world without getting out of the stroller, the Bravo then works as a travel system that is perfect for an active toddler.
JOOVY Scooter X2 Double Stroller, Black
The Features –
- The JOOVY Scooter X2 is a double stroller that features 30″ wide doors and can carry two children weighing a total of 90 lbs.
- The seats can be individually reclined and footrests can be adjusted independently.
- The stroller system features functional one-fold technology, a large storage basket and canopy, and a removable bumper bar.
- The large wheels are equipped with sealed bearings for increased maneuverability and improved control and braking.
- The parent tray has two cup holders and two zippered pockets for your phone, wallet, and snacks, etc.
The Joovy Scooter X2 has a stylish gray frame with oversized wheels. The 7-inch front wheels and 9.5-inch rear wheels provide stability and exceptional maneuverability. This lightweight stroller has a narrow design construction to allow it to fit through any door while being roomy enough for the kids. The stroller is a mere 30″ wide and does not need to be folded to be transported in the car. The sealed bearings in the wheels are sturdy enough to bear the weight of two 45-lb kids! The double fronts provide stability to the stroller, which is essential when you have active kids on your hands. The removable bumper keeps kids secure.
The Joovy Scooter X2’s generous storage basket and canopy are larger than most other strollers on the market. The seats feature individual adjustment systems. Each seat comes with its own in-seat mesh pocket and adjustable 5-point harness. The seats can be reclined in multiple positions using just one hand all the way down to a near-flat napping position. Parents can take advantage of cup holders to bring their favorite beverages along when taking the kids out. The stroller comes with two convenient zippered pockets to carry your wallet, phone, etc. The stroller needs barely a second to fold with one hand. All these features make the Joovy Scooter X2 an excellent choice. Many parents choose it for its amazing features and stylish looks at a very reasonable price.
BOB Motion Travel System, Black
The Features –
- BOB Motion strollers feature the one-hand folding design.
- The lightweight frame is fabricated from compact aluminum.
- The BOB B-Safe Infant Car Seat is lightweight and can be installed easily.
- The B-Safe car seat offers side-by-side impact protection. It is equipped with an energy-absorbing foam liner that protects against crash forces. The liner also works as a shield from vehicle intrusion.
- The B-Safe strollers have a 5-point tangle-free harness system with four heights and two buckle positions.
The BOB Motion travel system is one of the top rated stroller travel systems on the market. This stroller gives parents the opportunity to continue using the stroller frame even when baby outgrows the car seat. It is a sturdy stroller that is more durable than many other lightweight strollers on the market. It can carry kids weighing up to 65 lbs and is especially suitable for older children. The BOB Motion travel system is one of the travel system options with a generous weight bearing capacity.
Like most of the new-arrival baby travel systems in 2016, the BOB Motion stroller also adopts the one-hand easy-fold technology for the convenience of parents. Once it is folded, the stroller becomes compact and lightweight for easy storage. The BOB B-Safe Infant Car Seat is compatible with BOB Motion strollers. Although the seat installation process is a bit more complicated compared to one-click designs, it is easy to use after practicing a few times. The seat is equipped with energy absorbing foam which is both comfortable and safe. The storage basket in the BOB Motion stroller is not all that large, but you can still carry the essentials, especially with the seat fully reclined. A lot of parents consider this as one of the best strollers for travel, so do consider this as an option when you travel.
Evenflo JourneyLite Travel System with Embrace, Marianna
The Features –
- The Evenflo JourneyLite Travel System features comfortable cushioned seats with multiple reclining positions.
- The front wheels are lockable and or can swivel for enhanced maneuverability.
- The stroller can be separately placed in the car base and can be easily transferred from the home to the car.
One of the best strollers for travel, the Evenflo JourneyLite Travel System is a top-rated stroller and the choice of discerning parents. It comes with the JourneyLite Travel System and the Embrace Infant Car Seat. The travel system is equipped with a push-twist folding mechanism that folds the stroller in as little as one second. The storage space consists of a parent console and a child tray along with a roomy storage basket with enough space for all the essentials. This lightweight travel system can accommodate a child weighing up to 50 lbs. The Embrace infant car seat is safe for newborn babies and toddlers alike. The one-hand folding design and covered storage parent console are useful features in this stroller. The stroller can stand by itself once it is folded and secured. The Embrace Infant Car Seat has three shoulder harnesses and a 5-point harness system with an adjustable base. Overall, the Evenflo JourneyLite Travel System with Embrace, Marianna is an excellent stroller for parents and children on the go.
What is a Baby Travel System Stroller?
A typical baby travel system stroller consists of an infant car seat, a base to install the seat in the car, and a stroller.
A good travel system offers parents the ease of transferring baby from the car to the stroller without disrupting sleep. Some stroller seats can be fully reclined to provide comfort to baby. Some may also have the option to close off the leg holes so that it can also be used as a carrier with all the features of a stroller. The stroller-carrier combination brings down cost by allowing parents to buy one thing instead of two. The seat allows baby to sit up and look around when he or she is bored.
Baby travel system strollers tend to be bulky and need space to be stored. They may also need more energy to push and run smoothly. Though many strollers offer easy rides, some parents find them inconvenient to manipulate.
Benefits of the Best Baby Travel System Strollers
The stroller is a ‘must have’ accessory for active families with young children who travel from one place to another on a regular basis. You will definitely need a car seat to safely transport your baby, so why not combine two things in one? The combination of a stroller and car seat is money saving compared to buying them individually.
Parents may be tempted choose a Disney stroller with a cute Minnie Mouse design, but looks are not everything. You must ensure that the car seat attaches and detaches to the Disney stroller quickly and smoothly. If not, you will waste valuable time and energy doing this repeatedly. If all the components of a travel system stroller do not work in harmony, the resulting confusion can be frustrating for parents. Here are some advantages that a travel system offers to you.
- Transferring your baby from the car to the stroller is easy and smooth. All you have to do is unclick the carrier from the car seat and snap it into the stroller, and you are done! This will not disturb a sleeping baby with any complicated fastening or unfastening action.
- Some hospitals will not release a newborn baby without first ensuring that the parents have an infant car seat for transport home, so for the safety of your child, the importance of a car seat is undisputed.
- Quick transfer of baby from the car seat to stroller is convenient and prevents exposure, especially in cold and temperate regions.
- When you’re in the market for a good travel system for your little tyke, do not get confused with all the models on offer. Simply choose the safest car seat and stroller combination and go with it!
- Repeat the same procedure when you get another one for future children!
Safety Information for Travel Systems
Standard 213 of Part 571 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) insists on adopting travel systems for children to decrease the rate of child injury and death in automotive accidents. The parents in the United States must meet this regulation to transport their baby while traveling by car.
- New Federal Safety Standard for Carriages and Strollers
Advanced techniques and innovative strategies have been introduced to further improve carriages and strollers. The aim is to build strollers that adhere to the highest safety standards for the protection of babies. These standards eventually reduce the risk of injury and major accidents. The safety systems on travel strollers and joggers have reduced the number of potential hazards that consumers are exposed to.
How to Choose the Perfect Travel Stroller?
If you are a frequent flyer, you will be aware of the many regulations that different airlines have regarding strollers. For example, American Airlines do not check large strollers at the gate anymore. Most airlines will check a stroller free of cost (if the baby is traveling with you). Large strollers must be left at the ticket counter. To avoid unpleasant difficulties, check TSA guidelines before flying with your baby and a stroller.
Most airlines allow parents to leave a stroller at the airplane entrance and collect it after the flight if it is less than 40″ in height, 10″ in width and weighs less than 20 lbs. This is convenient as you can keep the stroller with you until you are ready to board the flight. Most modern cities are stroller friendly. The size and weight of the stroller should correspond to its purpose. For example, if you are thinking of paying a visit to museums or historical places, a lightweight and easy-to-push stroller with a large storage basket to carry snacks, beverages, and toys for your child is ideal.
I have discussed several stroller travel systems and reviewed them in depth for you. There are many travel system strollers available on the market, equipped with a wide range of functions and features. I strongly believe that the ones listed above are the best strollers for travel. To choose the best travel system for your baby, get the one with the most useful features that match your lifestyle, so you can travel conveniently and comfortably anywhere in the world with your precious little one.
Before release for purchase by consumers, strollers and car seats are tested carefully to ensure their ability to safeguard baby. Before buying one, you must decide whether you want a 3-wheel or a 4-wheel stroller (though they do have any major differences). You also have to determine the features that you desire most in a stroller. It could be a big storage compartment, an easy-folding system, or excellent maneuverability. The choice is all yours!