Shopping around for a tandem double stroller might prove to be a tough task for most parents. This because of the availability of so many types and varieties, with different features and designs. It can become very difficult to figure out which feature matters more than the other when it comes to choosing the best tandem double stroller among the many on the market. The difference between one tandem with the other might be big, thus it is important to review several before making up a final decision on which one you are going to buy for your babies.
The features and functions of the stroller you choose will be depended on what and where you are going to use the stroller. Though they might be having characteristics that sets them apart, most of them have similar features which include:
- It can be folded for storage or travel
- Double seating
- Features for comfort and convenience with two children in mind
- The ability to fit through narrower doorways
Here are some of the best tandem double stroller reviews!
It has a hands free auto stop technology, which makes it cover in the unpredictable parenting moments. It gives up to 26 different riding options when it is attached to the double kit.
It gives out a compact fold making it one of the best tandem double stroller currently available on the market. It is easy to carry in the trunk even of those compact cars. It has a one hand recline and four independent seating positions which will keep both you and baby happy.
Why Buy it
It has a compact fold and a carry handle for easy storage and travel
It has dual front wheel with suspension and locking swivels which makes strolling a breeze for both the parent and the babies
This is one of the best tandem double strollers which makes toting two babies around a breeze. It comes with a canopy which zips on and off independently. It has a front swivel wheel and comes with tubeless tires, which gives out a smooth ride. It has a compact fold, which makes stowing it away easy. It has a big storage basket where you can store your on the go items.
It is a lightweight stroller which is full of great features. It is designed for everyday use and it is very versatile. You can easily turn it into a travel system by replacing it with an infant car seat which is compatible with this seat, or by replacing the seat with a bassinet to make it a Pram.
It comes with four never flat tires and a rear wheel suspension, which will provide a smooth ride for the baby. Though it is not an all terrain, it will definitely tackle grass, mulch and gravel. It has a great maneuverability which is loved by parents all over. It is a one hand stroller which glides even when fully loaded.
It has an adjustable handle bar and a mesh window at the back. With a press of a button, you can remove all the wheels, making it even more compact. It features an automatic lock and standing fold. It weighs 18 lbs.
Why Buy It
- It gives the kids a comfortable ride
- Has a bassinet option thus good for infants too
- Front wheels lock for stability on rougher terrains
- It is compact enough that it will fit through just any door and in the back of the trunk of a compact car
- Sun shades can be extended for full coverage
- It is very light and durable
- It pushes easy and has a large basket
- It has a great canopy
- It has an adjustable handle bar
- Has runaway straps
- It has room seats
- It has a 5 point harness
- It comes with a bumper bar
- Adjustable leg rest
- It has rear suspension system
- The tubeless wheels are just great
- It comes with an easy foot brake
- The large basket is just a plus for this stroller
It has a single configuration and you can convert it into a double stroller as your family grows. Add a carry cot or a seat to create a double or twin stroller. With the modern design and the leatherette fabric, you will love this stroller which is one of the best tandem double stroller.
It weighs 19.4kg and the Z shaped aluminum chassis has four foam filled wheels with the rear two being larger and having a lock and a nice swivel. The front wheels are smaller. The chassis folds with or without one seat attached; you simply push down on a safety button on the arm of the chassis and push the frame forward.
Both seats in the stroller can be used as forward or parent facing. This stroller has three seat recline angles and both the two seats and the carry cot can be used at different heights. Other features include a foot operated brake, adjustable handlebar which rotates back and forth instead of getting longer. It has a shopping basket, removable bumper bar, 5 point seat harness,and a rain cover.
It is travel system compatible with either Maxi Cosi CabrioFix or Cybex Aton. It can take a single car seat and a single carry cot at one go and not two car seats.
Why Buy It
It comes with a canopy, individual rain cover, waterproof cover for carrycot bassinet, and a changing bag
It has 5 different configurations to grow with your family
It has a firm, protective shell for ultra hygienic EVA material
It has a super light frame, making it to be among the lightest tandem stroller on the market. It can fold easily and be carried over the shoulder. What it lacks in weight, it makes up for it in space – the seats are extra roomy.
It weighs 21.6 lbs making it the best choice for small bodied moms who need to lift the stroller in and out of the car, or take it down a flight of stairs. Though it is light, it is loaded with features which make it to be one of the best tandem double stroller.
Though it doesn’t have pneumatic wheels, it pushes easily. The foam tires glide well over smooth surfaces. It is not an all terrain stroller, but it is best used for regular city sidewalks. The tires are quick release so you can pop them off for easy storage.
It is equipped with individual canopies which are adjustable with a mesh peek a boo window. It can be extended to its full size through a zipper. In the back of the canopy, over the top of the seat, there is another mesh window which can be opened for ventilation.
It has a dreamy fold that any parent will love. It is simple and effortless. It folds inward to protect the seat fabric and automatically locks in place. The fold is compact and there is a handy shoulder carrying strap. It can also stand folded or you can as well roll it behind like a luggage.
Why Buy It
- It has a flat recline
- Individual bumper bars with gate opening
- Adjustable footrest
- Lightweight for a double
- Ventilation opening in the back of the seat
- Simple, compact, standard fold
- Large canopies
This is one of the toughest tandem which is an all terrain jogger stroller. It has a nine position handle bar which makes both parents to adjust to their comfortable heights. The suspension system will keep up with the active parent, making jogging with two babies a breeze. It is sleek enough to fit through a standard doorframe.
This is a side by side best tandem double stroller that offers versatility for simple strolling or outdoor adventure. For increased stability during jogging time or on rough terrains, the stroller has a locking swivel front wheel. It is lightweight, thus making it easy to fold, transport and stow.
There is an accessory adaptor to accommodate an infant car seat and offers an adjustable suspension system for a smooth ride.The seat has a 5 point harness, are ultra padded, and have an adjustable recline so that the baby can enjoy a comfortable and safety ride. There is a canopy for each seat, with an independent multi position option. For ventilation and the parent to keep an eye on the baby, there is a large peekaboo window in the canopy. It has a high impact polymer wheels which will take on the rough roads.
The cargo basket offers plenty of under seat storage, and there is additional space in the seat back pockets and in the passenger’s mesh stow pockets located inside the seats. The stroller has padded handlebar for pushing comfort and to secure the stroller, there is a wrist strap.
This stroller folds into a compact fold to make it easy to transport and if you need a more smaller package, you can easily remove the wheels. The stroller offers a lot of comfort and convenience in a fairly great packaging. This is a great stroller for babies from 8 weeks so long as there is an infant seat adaptor, and it accommodates a maximum weight of 50 pounds for each seat.
Why Buy It
- It can maneuver tight corners with ease due to the swiveling locking front wheel swivel
- There is increased stability due to the wheel locking forward when on rough terrain or while jogging
- Two seat design transports 2 children with a 50 lbs weight capacity for each seat, yet is slim enough to fit through most doorways
- Adjustable padded handlebar offers 9 positions to create the perfect fit for parents of all heights
- Wrist strap provides safety while running and includes a buckle to lock the stroller closed when folded
- It has a wonderful suspension system which offers 3 inches of travel and 2 stages of weight support for an ultra smooth ride
- Foot activated parking brakes secure stroller in the stopped position
- Easy two step fold for convenient transportation and storage
- The alightment can be corrected by twisting of the knob which is helped by the front wheel tracking
- Air filled tires which offers a smooth ride to the young one whether on road or off road
- One hand recline adjustments let you quickly lay the seat back with the simple squeeze of a button
- Extra large canopies shield your children from the sun and weather. Includes large viewing windows so you can keep a watchful eye on both children
- Fully upright seating position so your child can see the world on all your adventures
- Integrated pockets store snacks, drinks and other necessities
If you have twins and a toddler, this is the best tandem double stroller you should go for. It has a platform where the toddler can stand and a bench-like seat at the back for the toddler to sit or stand while you stroll. It has compatible reclining seats for the twins.
It comes with two complete full size seats, making it one of the best tandem double stroller. The rear seat has plenty of leg room. Both seats are equipped with a removable canopy and each seat reclines on its own, adjustable footrest, removable child tray, and a removable infant car seat attachment. While your twins are in the seats, your toddler can sit on the bench seat or stand on the platform.
This stroller can hold up to 130 lbs.
From our reviews, it turns out that, there are several double strollers from which you can choose. Get one which meets your needs and at a price which you are comfortable with. Invest well in a stroller because if you do so, it might just turn out to be a worthwhile investment to serve you for several years. Get the best tandem double stroller that your budget will allow.